All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Slapnut said:

We had one of the worst thunderstorms I've ever witnessed at about 4am. Flashes of lightning every 5 seconds or so for a good 20-25 minutes.

That sounds awesome. I love a good thunderstorm with great streaks of forked lightning.

7 hours ago, Ralphy said:

I used to work outside too, as a gardener, i guess you have your pa1 and pa6 then? im looking into doing it, but indeed, having to wear a full CSI get up while doing it really puts me off! 

Yeah I have my PA1 and PA6, you can get away with shorts under the paper suit and don't bother wearing the nitrile gauntlets if it's too fucking hot. You don't really need to wear wellies when you do it either, to be honest I don't wear the gear most of the time, it's only on certain sites where they are shit hot on health and safety.

Apparently there was a massive thunderstorm here last night. I woke up to people who had posted vids on facebook of the storm, I slept through the entire thing. Apparently there was over 2,000 thunder strikes last night.

Edited by Rey_Piste

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Slapnut said:

We had one of the worst thunderstorms I've ever witnessed at about 4am. Flashes of lightning every 5 seconds or so for a good 20-25 minutes.

Now it's miserable as fuck outside. I miss the sunburn weather.

Are you still in Caerphilly? 

That Storm early hours of Saturday morning was frankly amazing. It was lighting up the whole of Caerphilly mountain. Well worth being woken up by the cat for. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I haven't been down on this weather at all, and I still won't, but the air conditioning in the office not fucking working is taking the right piss. No breeze coming through the window either, so I am melting away like the witch in Oz.

• Paid Members

Its been 32 degrees in our office today. Doesn't help that the coolers in the server room have broken and the hot air is being pushed out in to the office. Dreading trying to get to sleep tonight in this heat.

• Paid Members

According to the local paper we are experiencing MONDAY MELTDOWN. 

Sadly no alliterative action for tomorrow as of yet.

Yeah, this is plainly total bollocks. I won't have the Chest's of this world try and force heat-based happiness unto me while I'm having to change boxers with this level of startling frequency.

Edited by Gus Mears