All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

• Awards Moderator

The lovely Greater Anglia lay on the train services on my route to work. Just this year they've introduced trains with air conditioning (and WiFi, fuck you so spoil us). But this isn't every carriage. I might see one carriage a week over ten commutes. 

Today I saw one on my train home, so I thought I'd have some of that. What a mistake. The doors close and it's apparent the aircon isn't working in this one. Because it's an aircon carriage there are no opening windows. So I'm in a crowded glass box for 45 minutes. All of us are dripping wet within seconds. There's standing room only I should add. My phone's temperature app reads 32°. When we get to a stop people go to get on and immediately retreat. By the time I got off my shirt was wet through. Gross. I passed the time by seeing tweets from just about every person on that train venting their anger. Absolutely inhumane and really not worth £4k a year. 

• Paid Members

Yep, mine was £4k until I no longer needed to get the tube, now it's £3.5k.

The aircon on the Greater Anglia carriages have been a joke, and I get on the nice Stansted Express trains as they stop at Harlow. We've had so many instances this week where the train formations are reduced to 8 carriages (usually 12) for our journey, which has been annoying but could be worse if it wasn't the 6 week holidays. However, on a couple of occasions we've had 4 carriage formations- a THIRD of standard capacity. You can only imagine the amount of sweat dripping from every fucker, pressed up close to one another in this heat. I'm just thankful I don't get the Central Line anymore, it must be unbearable on there.

We just had rain! It was quite a heavy downpour, which lasted all of 5 mins. This is further evidence that we are now a tropical country.

• Moderators

Yep, we've got a bit of a monsoon shower here now.

I think it's good the trains cost that much, as we'd have even more Essex folk in London if it were cheaper 😘

Edited by Chest Rockwell
And yep. Now it's already stopped. Give it 5 minutes Gus and you'll be clear.

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Having left the skylights open for weeks now, I have just come home to a load of soggy books on my chest of drawers. Fucking rain.

Haha. I feel vindicated now for having closed the skylights and covered the patio furniture every time we've had false promises of rain over the last couple weeks.