Brock Lesnar Returns To UFC.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If I was putting one of my highest paid guys in a real fight on pay per view then I'd at least research potential opponents or get the opinion of someone with knowledge of the sport.

But yeah, this is Vince. He'll either have no say whatsoever, won't have a clue, or he'll take one look at Hunt's physique and think that Brock will demolish him.

I reckon Brock is missing Summerslam due to concussion problems.

Would a potential medical suspension from the Nevada State Athletic Board have to be honoured by WWE, bearing the potential for bad PR (concussions etc.)?

Would a potential medical suspension from the Nevada State Athletic Board have to be honoured by WWE, bearing the potential for bad PR (concussions etc.)?

If he's hurt, WWE won't clear him anyway. And Bray Wyatt or Randy Orton or whoever will face another opponent.

• Paid Members

Vince has such a hard on for powerful people. Its so weird how he's always let big stars who dont give a fuck walk all over him. They can come and go as they please, screwing him over at every turn, but all is forgiven in the end. Lesnar is great and all that, but is he really worth losing face over? Its not like he's Steve Austin or Hulk Hogan in their prime.

Vince is so power crazy he likes to leave his writing staff all day with fuck all to eat and then have his dinner in front of them as they're pitching ideas. There's obviously something wrong in his head when it comes to stuff like this.

• Paid Members

What a fucking awful decision from Vince to allow Brock's marketability to take such a potential shit kicking. Ugh.

What's there left for Brock to do in WWE other than pissing about with mid-carders or dullards like Orton and Rollins?

Perhaps putting over Reigns and maybe making a guy on the way up but I don't see this being a problem for them on that score.

His act is stale as fuck and the matches are worse. If anything, this might give him a bit of a boost.

I used to wet my pants with excitement whenever Brock would turn up. Now it's all a bit meh. Which is a shame because Brock can be awesome.

At this point in time I can see why Vince would allow it. As others have said, it's hardly like Brock is in the middle of anything important. He hasn't been for a while now. His matches lately have all followed the same formula and they haven't exactly pushed the envelope.

This is a risk but a calculated one. I don't believe for a second that a loss would destroy the aura of Lesnar in WWE. It's so much easier to build him back up as a wrestler if they choose to do so. A few weeks of destroying people and no one will care about what happened with UFC.

Good lord. Dana just ribbed the fuck out of Vince. Lesnar literally is scared to get hit...as in turtles up, turns his back and runs away so stick him in with maybe the most powerful out and out puncher in the division!!

I wish i was a fly on the wall during that conference call between dana and vince "ok 1 fight but listen i need some shine on him coming off it and into summerslam"...."sound, we got your back vince im putting him in with a big fat samoan"

• Paid Members

Haku was offered a chance in UFC in 1995, and he went "fuck that." Bischoff thought Haku could go into the UFC and bring back a collection of body parts which they would hang on the Power Plant wall. Haku was smarter, though

When he was negotiating with WCW, Don Frye and Ernest Miller almost came to blows, when The Cat said he'd beat anyone in UFC because he's a 3 time Karate champion, to which Don replied anyone in UFC would put him on the mat and his karate would be useless. Thus we were robbed of Goldberg vs Don Frye. Imagine how great Frye would have been in pro wrestling?

• Paid Members

Dunno if this will factor in at all when it comes to the build for the fight, but one of Brock's main training partners when he started MMA was a heavyweight named Chris Tuchsherer...

1264663262_chris_tuchscherer.jpg?quality

he was in the UFC around the same time as Brock and actually fought Mark Hunt in what turned out to be his last pro fight, this happened:

mma_hunt_tuchscherer2x_5761.jpg

Tuchsherer (even kitted out in the same shorts that Brock dorned during his UFC run)  was the victim of a trademark Mark Hunt Walk-away KO and ended up on his face, forever be a included in every Mark Hunt highlight video ever since. If Brock panics and shots a sloppy shot on Mark Hunt, he could quite easily end up in the same position, Hunt's timing is impeccable.

10001749.gif

Archived