Brock Lesnar Returns To UFC.

What is this about Brock's dates running out? I've seen it a few times over the last few weeks but surely they wouldn't be mad enough to lose track of how many appearances he had left. Plus his contract year is April to April so he's only had the one match on it anyway hasn't he?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Last year. He's contracted to do a set amount of dates, which were more or less used up come Wrestlemania season. So they had to negotiate further appearances, which cost them both a chunk of money, and concessions such as this one.

Brock is the man at this stuff.

Clearly ideas for Lesnar are starting to run out in WWE. Last year's Mania was built around him just as other PPVs. This year he was stuck in the 4th match on the card of Mania against a mid-card opponent. Either way it's history making to see someone active in both WWE and UFC at the same time.

What is this about Brock's dates running out? I've seen it a few times over the last few weeks but surely they wouldn't be mad enough to lose track of how many appearances he had left. Plus his contract year is April to April so he's only had the one match on it anyway hasn't he?

I don't think it's that they didn't know, it's that with their injuries they kept being penned in to having to bring him in. Possibly under the assumption that they could just pay him to do more.

Only Brocks not daft and, as Ian eloquently put it, has Vince properly bent over. He realised that they used his dates exactly because they needed him more, and couldn't let him fuck off for 6 months.

And, like a boss, he's got himself that Scrooge McDuck money, doesn't bump and still gets to fuck off to UFC.

I'm not sure Brock is even going to be the BIG name in WWE anymore to be honest, I think the last 12 months his aura has worn off a little bit, not helped by a part time schedule and lack of superstars, I think the UFC will at least put his name back out there as a 'fighter' which can only be good for WWE.

Even if he lost the WWE will still spin it and make him look strong if needs be. 

Ambrose match was shite but the feud preceding it was pretty great, and before that the last notable thing Brock had done was the Undertaker matches which were also great. Brock's aura is fine.

I haven't found Lesnar interesting in a long time. You know he isn't hanging around, so have lost interest in giving him my interest

I think Lesnar sells regardless. When he returned first time round he'd been soundily beaten into disco dancing by Cain Velasquez and mauled by Alistair Overeem into reitrement.

I think it's different this time. When Lesnar returned last time, how many of the people watching at the time were also watching UFC? How many people were more than vaguely aware of that loss? In this case, it's going to be promoted. The WWE audience will be watching. And a big loss is going to hurt him.

Plus he'll be back wrestling in WWE a month after UFC 200, too.

• Paid Members

Did any insiders find out the true reason why Brock beat the streak? At the time the match was poor and Taker looked knackered (both most probably due to the early legit KO), so I presumed Taker was retiring soon and they gave the big rub to Brock who would eventually get defeated by the future face of the company.

But two years later and Taker is still wrestling and no one has dominantly beaten Brock, and he'll possibly fuck off after Summerslam?! If I was Taker I'd be fuming.

As a fan though its a fascinating situation. I think UFC will get a lot more out of this than WWE though. 200 buyrate is going to be astronomical. 

Archived