Brock Lesnar Returns To UFC.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Rumour is Mark Hunt, which seems strange. Someone like Todd Duffy, who is built like a shit brick house but manageable for Brock, would make sense to me as there's a slight mitigation there if he loses (in Pro Wrestling terms). Returning to WWE after having his head taken off by a fatty wouldn't be the best image for Brock to be honest. Also, there'd be a serious conflict in who to root for, as Hunt is incredibly likeable.

From someone with absolutely zero interest in UFC, can someone tell me whether Brock was impressive in the UFC before, and will he likely win? And will Paul Heyman be there? Cos that might make me tune in. Cheers!

Brock was pretty damn good given how late he started in the sport- around 30 years old. His second fight was against a former UFC champ in Frank Mir, and he dominated before a rookie mistake had him caught in a submission. He went on to dominate his next opponent, break his orbital and force him into retirement:

AHjHcce.gif

Following that, he won the UFC title and avenged his first loss to Mir. He then finished Shane Carwin, who was undefeated and KOing everyone inside a round prior. The diverticulitis then took hold, as well as poor striking defense/reactions to being hit.

Basically, Brock was successful when being the bully, but had trouble when the pressure was put on him on the feet.

He has a good chance of winning, depending on who he faces. A couple of names being thrown around are Mark Hunt and Stefan Struve. Hunt is a great striker with a granite chin and improved takedown defence over the years. If Brock can't get him on the mat right away, I think he'd suffer a KO in the first. Stefan Struve is a 7 foot tall motherfucker who has an ability to get hit and doesn't use his range well. I think Brock would smash him in the face and ground and pound his way to victory.

I wouldn't think so. He returned to WWE after losing to Overeem in what was a pretty brutal 1st round TKO, and WWE still promoted him as an ass-kicker. Granted, WWE may have some promotional involvement this time, so WWE fans will be more aware, but I'm pretty sure everyone knew how to use Google in 2012.

Madness! such a gamble if he get's his head taken off. I'm sure the agreed opponent is keeping WWE happy. It's one thing if he loses but if it causes him to be out of Summerslam it could affect the buyrate, unless they don't see him as that much of a draw anymore and see the gamble of the extra business he brings in being worth it.

No..

Everyone knows wrestling isn't real in the competitive sense so it won't matter.

Wrestling isn't real??? Lol.

But what I meant is wrestling fans love him because he is this absolute beast who can kill anyone and they've kept him strong for a long time.

I don't know if it's likely but if he gets knocked out in a minute or gets his Arse handed to him, does that aura about him in the eyes of wrestling fans get taken away, as he's no longer seen as infallible?

Madness! such a gamble if he get's his head taken off. I'm sure the agreed opponent is keeping WWE happy. It's one thing if he loses but if it causes him to be out of Summerslam it could affect the buyrate, unless they don't see him as that much of a draw anymore and see the gamble of the extra business he brings in being worth it.

Buyrates have near enough died off over the last year anyway, as the network has been available further afield and WWE have made a point of telling fans that buying PPVs is stupid.

Crazy news. Should be cool but it's classic brock. He never sticks to a decision. When he extended his deal with vince he went on espn saying he was done as a fighter and while everyone can change their mind I feel sorry for him that he obviously still had the desire to fight.

That being said, the one question if he wins will be, what's next? It won't be a 'was nice to come back but thanks see ya' response, so will likely just lead to a massive dispute (again)

They may have been better just letting him go. I for one could have done without his efforts at wrestlemania 32. Can't see them abandoning their current plans to feature him again other than mid card "Co main events'

Archived