Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

I'm going to swing the other way on this, because the wife and I successfully consolidated our debts recently doing something like this.

We periodically have a check up on our outgoings to keep our monthly expenses down, and a few months ago we sat down and wrote down all of our credit card and loan balances to see how much we were (comfortably) paying out a month. We then multiplied that up over a few years to see how far that could actually go. It turned out we were able to apply for a 5-year loan that not only cleared off all but our emergency credit card, but also meant we could get some important house projects done.

I say it's definitely worth looking at. You need to be 100% sure of your circumstances though. The wife and I are in stable full time employment, and could cover our outgoings including the new loan payment even if we both ended up on full-time minimum wage. It then still took going to a couple of brokers to get the right deal.

• Awards Moderator

Different breeds lay different colour eggs. Hens secrete a chemical into the egg while it's on the way. Americans have bred a certain breed for maximum yield over the decades (appropriately named "Ameraucana" ). I imagine supermarkets are going to different farmers to meet demand than use. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Different breeds lay different colour eggs. Hens secrete a chemical into the egg while it's on the way. Americans have bred a certain breed for maximum yield over the decades (appropriately named "Ameraucana" ). I imagine supermarkets are going to different farmers to meet demand than use. 

This. There are lots of laying chickens that are common in the UK which lay white eggs. I have a couple myself. I would guess they don't use them as they the eggs they lay are slightly smaller.

• Paid Members

Yeh, a couple down the road from me have turned their garden into a hen yard. They've got various breeds, so they get a few colours - white, mottled, and blue (think that's a French breed). 

• 2 weeks later...

This is very Seinfeld/CYE but in work we have a (female) cleaner who stays/comes in to the toilets to clean whilst we’re using them. I’m not sure this is standard practice and she even asked me if I wanted her to whistle whilst I went once. Some utter deviants even use the urinals in front of her. I’m no prude but even by our toilet standards this is fucking odd isn’t it?

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

This is very Seinfeld/CYE but in work we have a (female) cleaner who stays/comes in to the toilets to clean whilst we’re using them. I’m not sure this is standard practice and she even asked me if I wanted her to whistle whilst I went once. Some utter deviants even use the urinals in front of her. I’m no prude but even by our toilet standards this is fucking odd isn’t it?

Depends how big the toilet is. If it is like a service station let her crack on, If it is a single toilet then I think it is crossing personal boundaries. 

Two piss bowls and three shitters so not one on one or anything. More so than her presence it’s the awkward interactions I find unsettling. I think she’s trying to make it less awkward but asking if I’m doing a shit or a piss and if it’s a shit would I like her to leave is not making it less awkward! I’m also the sort of person who will say “No it’s fine I’m okay” when internally I’m saying the opppsite so some of this is on me.

This is the other issue, in an office of predominantly male employees why clean the mans bogs at the time we are all rushing out on delivery but not before clearing the decks? My muffled silent shits are the least of her worries when some of the beasts in there don’t even flush. 

The office is split on it to be honest, half of us are a little put off whilst the other half probably whistle a long and don’t bat an eyelid. I’ve definitely seen one fella making eye contact with her whilst chatting and pissing.

She’s a good egg though, she bought us antibacterial hand wash off her own back when it was all kicking off and the company wouldn’t supply it.