The Holiday Thread

LaGoosh

20 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Indeed. We'll see, if it's a lunchtime KO, it might be possible. Might have issues getting in with a cabin sized suit case though?

Ahh, right. Good point, you'll have checked out by then. Not sure of the size of the turnstiles at the Montilivi, but I guess that security will be tighter than usual for that match. 

• Paid Members

We have to book for Santorini in Greece for next June as my Mrs' brother has decided to get married there. Not been abroad in about 9 years, so I'm a bit out of the look with websites etc. A few questions though, if someone would be so kind as to help:

a) Where is the best online to book?

b) If anyone has been to Santorini, is there any recommended hotels? We will be a family of 5 going(2 Adults and 3 Kids), and I am disabled, so have mobility issues, so a kids club would be ideal, and we would like half board at the very least... 

• Paid Members

I always book my trips as a hotel+flight+transfer package, just to save on any hassle. In some cases, it might be cheaper to book things separately but I'm OK with paying a little extra to have it all done through one site.

I've had good experiences with On The Beach, Travel Republic, Ice Lolly and Teletext. I used to use Lowcostholidays but I think they went out of business.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

About my trip to Barcelona and seeing Barcelona play football: they now have tickets available on the Barcelona website. The cheapest seat, for a ticket at the highest point in the stadium, is just under 60 euro. Seems...high.

EDIT: Actually, for people who are quite familiar with Spain, I'm staying in Santa Susanna and wanted to go check out Girona. I use Rome2Rio to plan journeys using public transport when abroad. It tells me that I'd have to get the train to Barcelona-Sants and then change to another train to get to Girona. That seems crazy. It's spending an hour heading in one direction, only to then spend two hours coming back in the opposite direction + the extra time it takes to get to Girona. Girona is like less than a 30 minute drive from Santa Susanna. Seems weird there's no train that doesn't involve travelling all the way into Barcelona city.

EDIT 2: Worked it out. Need to get a train to Macanet-Massanes and then a second one into Girona.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Boston part 2 is taking place in March. Three of us going this time and we've managed to get an absolute steal. Flights and a three bedroom rental in the awesome North End area for £650 each. Planning on taking in all the St Patrick's Day festivities, smoking copious amounts of cigars at the wonderful Stanza di Cigari, which is about 100m from where we are staying and watching Bruins and Celtics games round the corner at TD Garden.

• Paid Members

Yeah, we really lucked out on it. Ten days for that price. Managed to get the flat right at the end of the lower tariff period, would have been twice as much of we had gone in April.

Very much excited by it. Last time over there was the best holiday of my life.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...