The Holiday Thread

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Tickets for the Eibar match aren't available through the club as yet. There are loads of 3rd party sites somehow offering them at ridiculous prices. Is this a bit of a scam to lure unsuspecting tourists into overpaying for tickets?

16 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Tickets for the Eibar match aren't available through the club as yet. There are loads of 3rd party sites somehow offering them at ridiculous prices. Is this a bit of a scam to lure unsuspecting tourists into overpaying for tickets?

Standard innit. You can buy FA Cup Final tickets etc from them. They're just banking on getting tickets. A game against Eibar? You'll be fine waiting or going through something nearer the time. Although you've sorted the holiday part, keep an eye on footballbreaks.co.uk and other similar sites. Friends have used the former and they came through.

perhaps if you email them they could help? Also, bit of a long shot but try messaging Sid Lowe, euan McTear and other Spanish experts/journos. Maybe they could give you advice? McTear wrote an excellent book on Eibar. 

Bro, try and get a ticket in the Eibar end. That'd be insane!

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Standard innit. You can buy FA Cup Final tickets etc from them. They're just banking on getting tickets. A game against Eibar? You'll be fine waiting or going through something nearer the time. Although you've sorted the holiday part, keep an eye on footballbreaks.co.uk and other similar sites. Friends have used the former and they came through.

perhaps if you email them they could help? Also, bit of a long shot but try messaging Sid Lowe, euan McTear and other Spanish experts/journos. Maybe they could give you advice? McTear wrote an excellent book on Eibar. 

Given that they don't actually know the exact day/KO time 10-14 days before the match, it's looking like I'll have to look at grabbing one nearer the time. They have this system where every seat in the stadium is apparently owned by a ST holder but obviously not every ST holder goes to every game, so they sell the seats back to the club and those are the tickets that go on sale. I think vs Eibar it shouldn't be a problem getting a seat nearer the time.

15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I'm guessing this is more an indication of how much time I spend on this forum, but as soon as I saw the first word I expected a swerve Roberto Carlos would be proud of.

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I'm guessing this is more an indication of how much time I spend on this forum, but as soon as I saw the first word I expected a swerve Roberto Carlos would be proud of.

Haha. "Bro, I actually invented Tiki Taka. Swear to god bro. Back in 99 bro. Me, Johan and creative"

also @SpursRiot2012 the 2nd division fixtures are out. Perhaps you could see Barca B as well?

Edited by SuperBacon

22 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

@SpursRiot2012 the 2nd division fixtures are out. Perhaps you could see Barca B as well?

Nice idea, but the reserves are away to Valladolid on the weekend of the 19th/20th and don't have a midweek game either side of that.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Fog Dude said:

Nice idea, but the reserves are away to Valladolid on the weekend of the 19th/20th and don't have a midweek game either side of that.

Ah, well. Looked into seeing a Girona game as well since it's only an hour out of where I'm staying, but obviously they're playing (away) the same day I'd be going to see Barcelona. They're then playing Barcelona at home the day after I leave!

Actually, come to think of it, that Catalan derby (of sorts) could be a great shout. It'll definitely be brought forward from the Sunday due to Barça's Champions League commitments. What time's your flight back on the Saturday?

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Fog Dude said:

Actually, come to think of it, that Catalan derby (of sorts) could be a great shout. It'll definitely be brought forward from the Sunday due to Barça's Champions League commitments. What time's your flight back on the Saturday?

6:15pm. It's from BCN, so it's about, what, two hours-ish by train from Girona, I reckon.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Fog Dude said:

Hmm, could be a bit of a rush to the airport unless it's a lunchtime kick-off, then. You're still better off with the original Eibar plan, I reckon.

Indeed. We'll see, if it's a lunchtime KO, it might be possible. Might have issues getting in with a cabin sized suit case though?