Paid Members Tommy! Posted July 12, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 12, 2019 4 hours ago, Carbomb said: There's a new German-Turkish place opened up the road from me in Wood Green, they do beef doner, which I've never had, so that's on the list to try. I was eating it for month's before I found out it was beef, so don't expect too much of a shock. If they do lahmacun I'd recommend it though. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 12, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 12, 2019 24 minutes ago, Tommy! said: I was eating it for month's before I found out it was beef, so don't expect too much of a shock. If they do lahmacun I'd recommend it though. Loads of places near me do lahmaҫun, and various other kinds of pide as well. Highly recommended. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted July 14, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 14, 2019 Had a Singapore chow mein with two pots of curry sauce. Only used the one pot on the actual meal so been sitting here for twenty minutes eating spoonfuls of curry sauce on it's own. Quote
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted July 28, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 28, 2019 Does anyone know of any places that do Munch Boxes in South Manchester/ Stockport apart from Indihome and the Golden Emperor? Not arsed if it’s chinese, Indian or kebab based. Home alone this week from Tuesday and have the junk food horn. Quote
Otto Dem Wanz Posted July 29, 2019 Posted July 29, 2019 13 hours ago, Thunderplex said: Does anyone know of any places that do Munch Boxes in South Manchester/ Stockport apart from Indihome and the Golden Emperor? Not arsed if it’s chinese, Indian or kebab based. Home alone this week from Tuesday and have the junk food horn. I don’t, but can I just say I’m very much looking forward to another Thunderplex coronary dinner tour? Post pics! Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted July 29, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 29, 2019 Set a £10 limit to get as much food as possible! Quote
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted July 29, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 29, 2019 I am thinking of searching for mid week specials.... Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted July 29, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 29, 2019 49 minutes ago, Onyx2 said: Set a £10 limit to get as much food as possible! Imagine the sheer volume of food you could get from a chippy for a tenner if you swerved the fish? Even if not taking advantage of mid-week/lunchtime specials ('Liver Dinner' for £4 is the winner btw). Quote
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted July 29, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 29, 2019 My first night (tomorrow) will more than likely be a chippy visit. Can’t bypass the fish sadly (going to the battered cod, the best non-seaside fish I’ve ever had), so it will be large cod, large chips, tub of curry, and a cheeky scallop for on the way home. Quote
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted July 31, 2019 Paid Members Posted July 31, 2019 A bit late posting, here is last nights offering. Chicken Kebab, Shami Kebab, Chicken Pakora, Aloo Tikki Chaat, with a couple of poppadums and a can of Mango Rubicon. The kebab was like Abdul’s 20 years ago, so really enjoyed. The shami and aloo tikki chaat were ok, but not wonderful. The pakoras were nice. Yoghurt sauce was the consistency of piss. Came to £11, so nearly on target @Onyx2! Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted August 1, 2019 Members Posted August 1, 2019 £11????? Where do you live, the 1980s? Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted August 1, 2019 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2019 10 hours ago, Thunderplex said: A bit late posting, here is last nights offering. Chicken Kebab, Shami Kebab, Chicken Pakora, Aloo Tikki Chaat, with a couple of poppadums and a can of Mango Rubicon. The kebab was like Abdul’s 20 years ago, so really enjoyed. The shami and aloo tikki chaat were ok, but not wonderful. The pakoras were nice. Yoghurt sauce was the consistency of piss. Came to £11, so nearly on target @Onyx2! So many fond memories of day drinking then getting a massive kebab from Abdul's to soak it all up before going to a gig at the Academy. Grrrrrr......great days Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted August 1, 2019 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2019 Our treat night recently has been these boxes. Pizza, Arancini, Meatballs, Chips and salad. On certain days, it's two for £20. The pesto and mozzarella arancini is brilliant. Quote
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted August 1, 2019 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2019 2 hours ago, SuperBacon said: £11????? Where do you live, the 1980s? I know, cracking value and plenty left over for supper! 2 hours ago, Dead Mike said: So many fond memories of day drinking then getting a massive kebab from Abdul's to soak it all up before going to a gig at the Academy. Grrrrrr......great days Abdul’s was my mainstay for many years, started going there 32 years ago, but it’s quality has dropped dramatically, which is why I’m so glad I found this new place. 1 hour ago, tiger_rick said: Our treat night recently has been these boxes. Pizza, Arancini, Meatballs, Chips and salad. On certain days, it's two for £20. The pesto and mozzarella arancini is brilliant. That looks awesome, where is it? Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted August 1, 2019 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2019 1 minute ago, Thunderplex said: That looks awesome, where is it? It's a place across town in Hull. They don't even deliver to me so you'll have no chance! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.