Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

I'm a couple of days late with this but I discovered all kinds of interesting things to do with the origins of some fizzy drinks when I was randomly searching  for stuff on Youtube on my break the other day.

• Moderators
On 4/2/2019 at 8:33 PM, wordsfromlee said:

In the final ever episode of Byker Grove, the characters discover that they don't exist and are the creation of unseen characters known as 'The Writers' who plan to conclude the show by demolishing the Grove. However numerous present and former Grove members buy enough time for the characters to re-write the ending so that the club will remain open forever.

I can now confirm this is true. As a result of this post, I tracked it down and watched it, and have written about it in some length. Yes, this is a shill, but it seems appropriate, and I did have to sit through an episode of Byker Grove.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

I can now confirm this is true. As a result of this post, I tracked it down and watched it, and have written about it in some length. Yes, this is a shill, but it seems appropriate, and I did have to sit through an episode of Byker Grove.

Random other trivia. It was never filmed in Byker either. It was all filmed in Benwell, which is a rougher area of the city, at the west end, not the east end where Byker is.

Also, I worked on an educational youth offending service with Geoff for about a week.

Anyway, looking forward to reading this Astro.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Yep, and FYR Macedonia is now officially called North Macedonia, as of the end of February this year. Plus, the capital of Kazakhstan has now been renamed from Astana to Nur-Sultan.

• Paid Members

Just heard something interesting. Remember Madame Web from the 90's Spider-Man The Animated Series? Turns out she was voice acted by Stan Lee's wife Joanie.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, DEF said:

Just heard something interesting. Remember Madame Web from the 90's Spider-Man The Animated Series? Turns out she was voice acted by Stan Lee's wife Joanie.

Just looked her up on Wikipedia, and turns out she was born in Newcastle upon Tyne! Stan Lee’s wife was a Geordie!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Boocock_Lee

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Just looked her up on Wikipedia, and turns out she was born in Newcastle upon Tyne! Stan Lee’s wife was a Geordie!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Boocock_Lee

I love random connections like that. John Mahoney off of Frasier originally being from Blackpool and Busta Rhymes name checking Morecambe and Preston in raps, because he used to live there are the best ones. 

• Paid Members

The most famous one I remember was that Schwarzenegger used to live in Romford or Chelmsford - somewhere in that weird disputed London/Essex Militarised Zone.