Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

36 minutes ago, Little Johnny said:

Indeed and as you know, once you've had that realisation, you'll find that you suddenly have time to dedicate to the important stuff, like listing more well-rounded strikers than Harry Kane.

Did anyone mention Danny Ings last time?

I said trivial, not down right fucking stupid...

49 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

You don't get so many now days, but back in the 80's and 90's you used to get quite a few TV spin off's from films. Mash being the most successful. I remeber Jenifer Aniston in an awful and short lived Ferris Bueller spin off.

I think you get it more now than ever!

The Exorcist 

From Dusk Till Dawn

Limitless

Wet Hot American Summer

Ash vs Evil Dead

Scream

Westworld

Lethal Weapon

Fargo

Bates Motel

Hannibal

There’s probably plenty more but that’s just off the top of my head.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I think you get it more now than ever!

The Exorcist 

From Dusk Till Dawn

Limitless

Wet Hot American Summer

Ash vs Evil Dead

Scream

Westworld

Lethal Weapon

Fargo

Bates Motel

Hannibal

There’s probably plenty more but that’s just off the top of my head.

That's the 2nd West World Tv Series. We also had some for Logan's Run, Planet of the Apes, Freddy's Nightmares, Friday the 13th The Series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Highlander, , Look Who's Talking, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (both in animated and live action form), even fucking Lock Stock got one (and more recently, Snatch).

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

TIL there's a TV spin-off of Scream.

I hate-watched it all and it's like 95% girly-high school drama. It's so shit, though it kept me guessing enough that I had to see it through (so like Scream 3 and 4 then).

The third season's finally starting next week after being finished for aaaages but being shelved due to Weinstein involvement. Complete reboot with the proper Ghostface mask and voice. Will probably be shit too, I'm still in.

What am I doing with my life?

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

I hate-watched it all and it's like 95% girly-high school drama. It's so shit, though it kept me guessing enough that I had to see it through (so like Scream 3 and 4 then).

The third season's finally starting next week after being finished for aaaages but being shelved due to Weinstein involvement. Complete reboot with the proper Ghostface mask and voice. Will probably be shit too, I'm still in.

What am I doing with my life?

Don't worry - I appreciate your efforts, and they have not been in vain.

I'll start watching next week.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The films are all awful, I've no idea why anyone would subject themselves to a TV series of Scream too.

If there is any genre that should stick to short form 90min running times, it's Slasher films. How long can you drag out a single 'person in mask stabs people' plot for? (and I say that as a big fan of slasher films. Can't imagine anything worse than 20 hours of it.)

4 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Every genre should stick to 90 minutes. If your film is any longer than that then it had better be fucking great.

Most of my favourite films are pushing 3 hours or more, but I couldn't agree more with this. Most average/good 2-hour films would be better having 20 or 30 minutes cut off them. It's got to be a great film to justify going 2-3 hours. 

Some of the TV shows over the past few years have shown how much you can achieve in under one hour. I'd be all for cutting most films down to 90 mins. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Every genre should stick to 90 minutes. If your film is any longer than that then it had better be fucking great.

You should watch that Avengers Endgame- you'd love it.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

You should watch that Avengers Endgame- you'd love it.

Don't be so fucking ridiculous.

He should watch Batman vs. Superman.

A lad I went to school with was absolutely obsessed with the Scream movies. The second one was his all time favourite film to the point where our GCSE drama performance coursework was performing a scene from it.

At least he didn't pick the other movie he was obsessed with at the time - Cruel Intentions.