Sign in to follow this  
SpursRiot2012

Today I learned...

5 hours ago, Carbomb said:

What was your choice of recreation? Sports, books?

He had half a slinky, but he straightened it.

It still blows my mind that Uri Geller has made a nearly 45 year career purely off the back of pretending to be able to bend spoons with his mind. He still to this day refuses to admit it’s all bollocks. Fair play to his commitment to the con. 

To be fair to him he does hold a spoon, use mental powers and look a right cunt, so there's at least 3 things in common. 

1376964695937.jpg

Edited by Tommy!

The character is also called Yungerrer in Japan as which you would hazard is derived from his name as well. Only a step below DeludedTwatemon 

I absolutely love James Randi, more so because he wrote an entire book about Uri Geller and how much of a conman he is.

For all the dedication Geller has, Randi has pretty much matched it in exposing him as a fraud.

The episode of Johnny Carson he was on was great. Where Johnny's had all his gimmicks under lock & key for the day and Uri isn't feeling very strong that day. 

I'm surprised he didn't go after Westwood studios over Command & Conquer: Red Alert. 

The lead singer of Toto is the son of John "super duper film scores" Williams.  Still in shock tbh.

6 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I absolutely love James Randi, more so because he wrote an entire book about Uri Geller and how much of a conman he is.

For all the dedication Geller has, Randi has pretty much matched it in exposing him as a fraud.

The James Randi documentary, An Honest Liar, is well worth a watch!

Uri Geller was briefly an Exeter fan and ended up being co-chairmen during our dark, dark, darkest days of Michael Jackson, owners going to prison and relegation to the Conference. 

He once, during another relegation battle, decided to help by putting some 'positive energy crystals' behind one of the goals at St James Park. Half time, we were one up (goal scored at the crystals end), all was good. 

Second half, we conceded five and lost 5-1. According to Geller, it was not his fault, it was the City fans for 'not thinking positively enough'. 

He's not welcome at SJP any more. 

On 10/24/2019 at 5:31 PM, Ronnie said:

colour called 'may vary',

I saw you'd posted that Argos page and had a lightning bolt of a memory over those exact pages (Transformers were my favourite so I read them a lot). I distinctly remember asking my mum what the phrase meant and she had to look it up. I couldn't believe her because why wouldn't Skywarp be purple? 

The Thong Song was originally offered to Michael Jackson before Sisqo but he turned it down.

Same with Baby One More Time and TLC.

The voice on SWV ‚ÄúRight Here (Human Nature Remix)‚ÄĚ at the start saying S...W...V is Pharrell Williams.