The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

Without being all facebook attention seeking girl here I will just add one thing.

Fuck relationships, fuck love, fuck being there for someone and actually making a life with them. Just fuck all of that.

Now with that said, what's everyone's thoughts on rebounds? Are they healthy, is it just a case of not over thinking it?

And as a mid twenties guy, is it ok to not think about the future and just have fun? I know it's somewhat of a stupid question, but I have had 1 one night stand in my life and hated it, I didn't like it for myself or the girl. It's just a horrible thing in my mind. Plus I actually like talking. Conversation is something I love, Sometimes more than Sexual stuff. But that has gotten me to a point where I don't want to pour my heart out and care for someone as much as I have.

I don't want to do any of this out of spite, but at the same time I don't want to have to think about being alone. Which I guess is where most rebounds occur.

Dude, I guess it went tits up and she strayed?

Rebounds work but only if you know what you are getting in to. If you know you want to feel loved, be in a relationship, but it's not going to go anywhere then cool. If you are doing it out of revenge, you'll more likely feel like shite.

Look at it this way, you were alone before you met ex'y and you are alone again. It doesnt mean you have failed or are a failure or even destined to be alone. Use it as a learning experience to work out what you know you want and take away from the last relationship what worked, what you hated, and what you compromised on. Look at what is you, what you pretended to be and then spend time adjusting to being happy within yourself.

If a relationship then comes along then it's all good, just be ready to have some shit jump up and bite you.. Be honest about it and see where things go

Edited by patiirc

The younger they are the less they are going to pester you for kids and want to get married.

Im 27 and have been with my 22 year old girlfriend for 4 years.

Not a peep.

Edit: but fuck me, shes addicted to going on holiday at least twice a year.

Edited by Fanny Pack

• Paid Members

I'm infatuated with a woman. I'm not in love or anything and logically know nothing could happen and I couldn't live a life with this person, its just stuff like that rums me over a bit, being a bit of a twat and all, especially when I'm on a down, stressed out or all freaky-deaky.

Is there a good way to get it out of my system quick?

• Moderators

She's 22, bit young for a baby (And yes Frankie Crisp, 22's a bit older than normal, ha)

After her apathetic reaction to Wales defeat at the hands of England on Friday, throwing out the gambit "let's go dancing, come on, let's dance. Don't be so sad about it, it's over now. We're out, let's have fun" within 10 minutes of full time, I let her know a short while that evening that I don't feel it's going to work. I'm going back to teenagers.

Edited by PowerButchi

Butchi, hope all works out with your new lassy!

Question: You've been stalked (legitimately, police etc etc Im sure I mentioned it) by an ex, you split with another girl ( yeah it didnt last, quelle suprise) and get with a lass who though has red hair doesn't look like her , but stalker ex unblocks you 'magically' because, Jungle Drums. It's safe to say I'm being watched right?