The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

Nah... I'm cutting this long story short.

I'm in love with a girl, everything leads me to believe she reciprocates. She has a boyfriend but their relationship is, from what I have observed, pretty much dead but they're both too scared to end it. I want to tell her the truth just so I can get an answer to all this but I don't want to be the bastard getting her to leave someone.

What should I do?!

Edited by Stunner

• Paid Members

I'm in love with a girl, everything leads me to believe she reciprocates. She has a boyfriend but their relationship is, from what I have observed, pretty much dead but they're both too scared to end it. I want to tell her the truth just so I can get an answer to all this but I don't want to be the bastard getting her to leave someone.

What should I do?!

Just do it or you'll always wish that you did. If she says no then at least you know right?

Do it.

What should I do?!

Just do it or you'll always wish that you did. If she says no then at least you know right?

Yeah, it's the only thing to do. The thing that makes it so tricky for me is that we've become really close friends as well. Sometimes it actually feels like we're "together" in a way, albeit not physically, for we're doing stuff all the time: gigs, lunch/dinner, just casual stuff, and it's always just the two of us. We talk practically every day... I know that I have to tell her, but I'm not just hesitant about the boyfriend thing but because I'm scared to lose what we already have, I guess.

Edited by Stunner

Do it, nowt to lose everything to gain.. 

As for websites, just plug away. Try and stay away from bot filled ones, even Tinder is full of them.

Now in relationship 9.3 million since August. Most of my mates have said quit it.. I haven't really been single for any great length of time since all my back shite and I'm enjoying myself. The general consensus is though that it is 'not me' whatever the fuck that means. Is not that I hate or am scared of being alone neither. I'm happy with where I am after all the shite from mental case. Okay relationships arent lasting, however It's me doing the finishing rather than vice versa, especially when the mentalist starts to show. Would give it a break, but feel ready.. as in comfy in myself know what I want etc etc

• Moderators

What should I do?!

I've been in this situation, but I was actually fucking the girl on the side (not a boast, actually ashamed of it). It took a LONG while for her to actually leave her bf, by which time I actually found myself being over her. This then led to a lot of "well fuck you I left my bf for you" and so forth.

If I was going to give you advice, I'd say bring up how you feel, and then literally walk away. If she comes back to you single then great.

Long time lurker, seeing if anybody can offer some advice.

I'm married, and have been with my other half for 8 years coming up, and whilst for the most part we're great together, she keeps really getting on my case every 6 months or so, getting very upset, saying she doesn't see me enough. Now I wouldn't mind, but in my only "free" time I'll hang out with friends, (Like max. 1 day a week, if at all for a few weeks) , go the gym like twice a week for a few hours and otherwise I take a martial arts class on a Saturday. I love hanging out with her, and when possible our daughter will sleep over somewhere, to give us some time together. She also goes out, maybe not as often as I do, but I encourage her to go out and do whatever, as I want her to be happy. 

Everything else is perfectly fine, but I just keep getting this repetitive cycle of every few months, I get blanked for about a week, and no matter what I say its "OK/nothing wrong", until it all comes out a week later about how stressed she is/needs help with whatever [i do an equal sharing in everything and offer to help at all occasions] and how my social activities basically wear her down emotionally, because "she never see's" me, despite that I see her all the time/go out regularly with her/etc

This happened a few years back when I used to see my dad once a week on Sunday evening for a drink, and basically escalated to the point were I had to stop hanging out with my dad, due to incessant grief from the Mrs.

Am I in the wrong, because I feel like what I do is what everybody in the world does; they are with there partner but have their own things that they do as well. Its really winding me up as I don't know if its because I'm just putting up with this cycle that she keeps doing it, or if she has some genuine issue that needs addressing, but its like getting blood from a stone when trying to find the root of her problems sometimes.

Thanks, everyone. I told her how I felt last night and her response wasn't what I hoped, but it is what I expected - she's absolutely not the type to make a rash decision on a whim. I'm disappointed, of course, and a little bit embarrassed as well, but I'm also a fair bit relieved that there are no presumptions and what-if's any more. The ball is in her court, she knows how I feel - and if it's true what others have been saying and that she feels the same way and has professed as much in drunken sincerity - then she'll have to think pretty deep about what next...

Cheers for the encouragement, though. I know what I had to do but was too worried!

• Paid Members

Anyone got any recommendations for a good dating site/app? I'm pretty much done with pof now too many timewasters

You'll be lucky unless you willing to pay for a site to use, there are free sites out there but tend to be awful! Got friends who rave about eHarmony, but it's a monthly fee and just depends how desperate you are to meet someone. You'll find people everywhere who waste your time, it's just the way it is as most use it just as an ego boost.

• Paid Members

Yeah the payment side isn't an issue tbf , if its a decent service and worth it I'd happily pay , just wanted to know if anyone had had any good / bad experiences with any of them

In that case, have a look at eHarmony...a friend of mine found her fiance through the site so it sure does work and has plenty of good things to say about the site. With having to pay for it, it really reduces the people who only waste your time so hopefully you'll have better luck on there! Good luck!

Spent the past weekend sharing a bed with two lasses I was working an event with, and working some stuff out in my head. I'm the kind of person who jumps from relationship to relationship, but never really maintains them that well. I really like having emotional and physical intimacy, but without the constraints of being in a monogamous relationship and without the need for sex. Still trying to figure out the best way to go on with this, probably either some kind of polyamory or just a series of close friendships most like.