Foley is Crud

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I hope Foley paid for that family's meal, but I expect he didn't.

Remember going to one of Mick's first book signings years ago in Easons bookshop in Dublin and he was arguing with one of the poor teenage shop assistants over not getting enough free chocolate bars for his signing table. Even stupid teenage me knew that you at least don't do that type of low rent bollocks directly in front of a queue of your fans. Seeing one of your heroes arguing over not getting enough complimentary dairy milk tends to dampen a bit of the magic like

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, DCW said:

I hope Foley paid for that family's meal, but I expect he didn't.

He went to home of footballer Billy Sharp a few years back and got a breakfast out of it. Didn’t get the rolls in himself or offer to pay. Got an invite to a Sheffield United game where I’m sure he got more freebies. 

• Paid Members

Ah the old ‘but I’ve seen him do good things for people’ defence. So he can’t possibly be guilty if he’s been nice to someone at some point for some reason. Foley’s nice guy act has more holes in it than his thumbtack covered shirt from KOTR 98. Bloke’s a creep. 

7 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

He had a million chances over the past 30 years that he could have thanked him. But no, he thinks now is the best time to do it. 

I'm sure Mick has thanked him many, many times, but I think he wants to give him one final 'thank you' since Vince is done (at least as far as WWE is concerned). Also, not that it's the point or anything, but didn't Vince initially want nothing to do with Foley? Pretty sure Jim Ross has spoken at length about how he basically had to beg Vince to give him a look back in '96.

Foley and JR must have the pro-wrestling equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome, to a degree. Vince treated them like shit at various points, or at least didn't fully appreciate or reward their commitment to the company and the work they did to make it popular. Yet they just can't help praising the man and talking about the good things he's done for them. 

I get it, he gave you fame and fortune and you thought he was a charismatic dickhead back in the day. But what he has been accused of is beyond the pale and those text messages don't lie. They should try and hold their tongue until more information comes out or, hopefully, there is a trial.