Foley is Crud

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I know the thread is called Foley Is Crud but I really enjoyed that. The format was a little strange - I'm presuming it was based on something where you drink  an ever-increasing-in-strength selection of alcoholic drinks while you answer questions? - but it was a brilliant watch. Self-deprecating, funny and just seemed like a nice guy did Mick. Something that stuck with me from it is when he mentioned Vince saying "No thumbtacks" to the match with Orton and then remarking something about how it was 9 years prior he was doing the Japanese deathmatches. 9 years! I was 13 when the Orton matches were taking place so the KOTDM stuff seemed like another lifetime ago. Nowadays it's not any less mental - 9 years seems a bizarrely short span of time for Foley to have been the KOTDM to have gone to WWF, been Mankind, Dude Love, Cactus, Mankind again, Hell In The Cell, the Triple H feud and then back to fight Randy Orton - I gave up on modern wrestling when it seemed like Kofi Kingston was fighting Dolph Ziggler every week for years in the same dull match and since then I've made my peace that it's simply no longer for me and I'm best sticking to the old stuff but it's remarkable how quickly wrestling flowed back then in comparison. 

14 hours ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

I know the thread is called Foley Is Crud but I really enjoyed that. The format was a little strange - I'm presuming it was based on something where you drink  an ever-increasing-in-strength selection of alcoholic drinks while you answer questions? - but it was a brilliant watch. Self-deprecating, funny and just seemed like a nice guy did Mick. Something that stuck with me from it is when he mentioned Vince saying "No thumbtacks" to the match with Orton and then remarking something about how it was 9 years prior he was doing the Japanese deathmatches. 9 years! I was 13 when the Orton matches were taking place so the KOTDM stuff seemed like another lifetime ago. Nowadays it's not any less mental - 9 years seems a bizarrely short span of time for Foley to have been the KOTDM to have gone to WWF, been Mankind, Dude Love, Cactus, Mankind again, Hell In The Cell, the Triple H feud and then back to fight Randy Orton - I gave up on modern wrestling when it seemed like Kofi Kingston was fighting Dolph Ziggler every week for years in the same dull match and since then I've made my peace that it's simply no longer for me and I'm best sticking to the old stuff but it's remarkable how quickly wrestling flowed back then in comparison. 

You'll cry when you realise the entire Attitude era was about 4 years long. That's like 2020 to now.

Edited by Version1.0

Mick did a great job on Hot Ones. Lots of familiar ground if you have followed him or read his books but good fun and reminds you how likeable he can be..

Stone Cold had a great episode a few years back as well. 

Sasha Banks and Jericho had pretty good episodes too. Undertaker got one of the shit lock down ones where it is shot on a webcam. Which is fantastic karma for that prick.

On 10/21/2023 at 5:22 PM, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Mick did a great job on Hot Ones. Lots of familiar ground if you have followed him or read his books but good fun and reminds you how likeable he can be..

Stone Cold had a great episode a few years back as well. 

Sasha Banks and Jericho had pretty good episodes too. Undertaker got one of the shit lock down ones where it is shot on a webcam. Which is fantastic karma for that prick.

Not a fan of Taker?

Not sure if getting to eat spicy wings in his gaf is much karma back on the deadman to be honest. He likely just saved a hip from falling out into the aisle of whatever plane he'd have to take from Texas. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK