Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

5 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Gorilla Monsoon is the specialĀ referee with Gorilla Monsoon on commentary as well.

How did he handle that? Just no-sold it? "Beautiful positioning there by our official, who's been making great calls all night."

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

How did he handle that? Just no-sold it? "Beautiful positioning there by our official, who's been making great calls all night."

He tried to explain why he was making some of the callsĀ he made. It's interesting to hear Monsoon calling the stuff from the 70s. He takes an almost reverent tone with it, like the way JR does with the matches from the same era on the Best Of Madison Garden Bluray. The whole tape/program isĀ a very interesting watch. I've also cracked through UK Rampage '93 and European Rampage '92. Most of the 93 one is very phoned in, but JR & Heenan save it with some hilarious commentary. European Rampage '92 seems to have a bit more effort, although it also has LOD Vs Dino Bravo & Col.Mustafa.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone got any favourite matches from old PPVs where the full versions are on the Network having been hacked up on the Silvervision tapes? I've really enjoyed, so far, Boss Man vs Barbar from Rumble 91, Rockers vs Barbar and Haku from Mania VII and Smithers vs Warlord from the same show which I'm sure I've waxed lyrical about before. Anything else I shouldn't miss in the same vein?

• Paid Members

Completely the opposite, but Roberts-DiBase from WrestleMania VI. They have a 'methodical' match, then the crowd starts doing the wave, so DiBiase decides "so what if it's the biggest show of the year, we're sitting in a chinlock till the crowd tire themselves out."

• Paid Members

Air raids post reminded me that, it hasĀ always been important for me to have the live versions of the ppvs. I'm always dismayed and annoyed when watching stuff back on the network and they've messed with the order or music. They even go so far as to use different camera angles at times. That usually adds to the show. I've got loads of VHS tapes full of live versions of mostly WWF events. Really need to get on withĀ converting themĀ to DVD/digital.

The music dubbing seems pretty random. Been watching some 2001 and one week on SmackDown X-Factor's Uncle Kracker music plays, then on RAW it's dubbed over. And this continues throughout the year with it sometimes dubbed and sometimes not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I hate the overdubbing of music. It turns me right off the program. One Night Stand 2005 is horrific for it (I still go to my Bell ExpressVu TVRIP in grainy quality for that reason) as is most ECW stuff.

In saying that, the dubbing on the Delta ECW DVDs was bonkers. For example, on one DVD it'd be grand ; you'd have Natural Born Killaz playing during New Jacks' entrance and on a different DVD, when New Jack came out, it was an elevator music version of said song over the top of it. Same with 'Walk', 'Enter Sandman', 'Big Balls' et al.
In fairness, at least their sound department made the effort in having a crack at the melodies.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

45 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Still no Thunder or Saturday Night? @kidzero will not be amused

Isn't Saturday night next month's classic content? And yeah as for thunder if we get it sometime this year I will be happy and I would love some Smokey mountain a year or so worth would be great