Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

Bashed in the USA '93, fucking amazing. Mr Perfect showing his interest in bloody stamp collecting, searching for the perfect stamp. Shawn Michaels v Kamala followed by 2 other HBK IC title defenses and a 40 man battle royale. Love seeing some of the jobbers that turn out in those. This is me set for the bloody week. Just reinforces how great the Network is for the price.

• Paid Members

I started with Bashed in the USA too. Great memories, particularly of the big Battle Royal. I've always loved a Battle Royal. 

Not a big fan of Alfred Hayes. His half hearted heel fan act isn't great. Monsoon is working from the off. Claiming a crowd of 14-15,000 in a building that holds about 5,000 and very obviously too. Incredible angry guy when Ramon cheats to win the opener. Speaking of working, Razor hits on Mike McGurk. Great work from Hall to convince us that he's that sleazy!

In the next match that hypocrite Monsoon makes "Lumpy indian" jokes about Tatanka that he'd always bollocks Heenan for!

I've only watched 2 so far, Supertape 1 and Wrestling Super Heroes, the former featured the Hogan/Beefcake v Savage/Zeus cage match that aired on PPV with No Holds Barred and a hilarious profile segment on the Bushwhackers in which Mean Gene turns full Whacker after eating too much buzzard. Super Heroes is really short and features the Demolition v Powers of Pain/Fuji match from WM5 and the Hogan/Hercules match from an early SNME

• Paid Members

He has yellow trunks in that. I found this match against George The Animal Steele where he's wearing blue, though.

ever since it first aired I've had an internal conflict as to what exactly Roddy Piper called Ric Flair in the promo before the Albert Hall Battle Royale. At the time to my 12 (?) year old ears it was obviously "feather wearing fucking freak" but as I didn't have the video I didn't see it for years. once youtube came about I searched for this interview and it was  bleeped out, adding to my conviction it was "fucking" however later internet searches led to me finding people saying its "faggot freak" but then last night...last night I watched it on the Network and it sounds like.... "flocking?"  was it edited? the camera has to zoom in on Piper after he says it because Mean Gene is corpsing (leading me to believe it was something he probably shouldn't have been saying) now I'm more confused than ever...... WHAT DID HE SAY?????

I was similarly conflicted for years until I heard the unedited version a while back. I think he just tripped over his words and ended up manufacturing a word that sounded enough like "fucking" to deem bleep-worthy. I remember watching that part of the VHS numerous times growing up thinking how much Piper must hate Flair to actually say the F word on TV!

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I started with Bashed in the USA too. 

Just before the HBK & Virgil match, Shawn cuts a promo backstage and says “Virgil has one good asset about him, one”.

I kept my eyes on Mean Gene, just in case he started to wobble.

I enjoyed watching World Tour 1992 last night. Lord Al gallivanting around London and Davey Boy dropping a Manchester United/Liverpool reference in there. Two battle royals as well, he was sh*t hot at them, ol' Bulldog. I forgot, mind you, how over his match against Warlord was at WrestleMania 7. The crowd are losing their minds for it.

Good old wrestling.

• Paid Members

The old school Coliseum videos are great nostalgia. I've just finished the '93 UK Rampage from the Sheffield Arena that was the first wrestling show I ever attended. Memories came flooding back! 

• Paid Members

Wrestlefest '93 is the one I've started with, as it was the penultimate tape I bought prior to the arrival of Sky in my life, and therefore got a lot of watching.

(The final tape I got was WWF Mania but that didn't get such a heavy rotation once Sky arrived).

Forgotten how wonderfully simple IRS' promo prior to the first match is:

"We know why all you tax cheats support the Nasty Boys. It's because they cheat on their taxes, just like you do."

Hitting the key points, establishing the character. A masterpiece.

I've started with Battle At Royal Albert Hall. The faces have an absolute shocking time on the undercard, Earthquake and Boss Man go nearly 15 minutes and the top rope seems loose as fuck. The show is clearly just built around Davey Boy though. Had they announced Summerslam 92 at the time of this show (October 91) or was this a testing of the waters with the U.K. market? I don't know how often they toured here around that time, but I'm certain it wasn't the first time either

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I've started with Battle At Royal Albert Hall. The faces have an absolute shocking time on the undercard, Earthquake and Boss Man go nearly 15 minutes and the top rope seems loose as fuck. The show is clearly just built around Davey Boy though. Had they announced Summerslam 92 at the time of this show (October 91) or was this a testing of the waters with the U.K. market? I don't know how often they toured here around that time, but I'm certain it wasn't the first time either

They'd done two dates in 1989 and then a full-blown tour earlier in 1991.

The SummerSlam decision came the following spring when they did a tour of UK and Europe with the whole roster doing two shows a night and did so well they had to charter a jet to bring over more merchandise. Between that and a collapse in house show business in US, they decided to switch SummerSlam from the US.