Post Of The Year 2014

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Fourthed. "Twats and Gays" made me howl.

He's just a common lad,

Who got a favour from his dad

He's just a common lad,

Who's father made him very glad

Amazing.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Ian's post in that same thread is amazing too. I'm nominating the punchline to this part especially...

And we came full circle, with this Hulkamania shirt. I got my first shag in this. Literally, in the sense that, I wasn't getting my tits out on the first date. She wasn't that lucky. It was a fine day in our college. She wanted to wait until we'd went to the pictures that night, but I said "that doesn't work for me, brother"

Brilliant reading people's stories of their childhood wrestling obsessions.

• Paid Members

Haven't been on a while, so this will be a bit late. Was reading through the RAW thread, and I'm surprised no-one's nominated this:

I love that their plan is basically "Let's boo the baddies and cheer the goodies", like that'll have HHH, Steph and Vince shitting themselves.

I'm nominating this gem from Ian in the ICW documentary thread. The 'cant be arsed to look something up myself' posts on here is a pet peeve of mine and this response, even outside the context of the thread, is brilliant.

I don't live in the UK and can't find it on YouTube. If someone could point me in the direction of it I'd be hugely grateful!

You type the title into the youtube search bar and press "search" or the spy glass icon. You have to turn the computer on first and make sure you have the router is plugged in before you do this. Unless its been taken down for copyright infringement, since BBC own it and stream it via their iplayer. If that's the case you are shit out of luck, my old chap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

This back-and-forth from the films thread is brilliant...

I liked that Wes Anderson film that was all quirkiness over substance. By "liked" I mean "didn't like" and by "film" I mean "career."

That's clever what you've done there.

And by clever I mean not clever.

You wouldn't think that if I was wearing a red beret or trousers with the same pattern as the wallpaper when I posted it.

Oh and i love Solskjaer even more

Vine link

I'm a Liverpool fan

Hmm. Mo' ammunition for the UKFF conspiracy theorists there.

Yabba dabba. Jam up, you flatter me. I have the impression Mo Chatra would be much smarter than myself. Punching above my weight with my posts mush, I think

"I don't know who that mo chatra is, but he sounds like a clever guy with a massive penis"

Duke's astute humour disarms MoChatra LEGIT.

• Awards Moderator

Lovely Star Wars reference from Billy D in Minor news items...

Sin Cara failed when the WWE didn't stick him in straight away with Rey Misterio (as rumoured) and did that record for the fans wearing the most masks carry on.

In their defence, they were both constantly injured. On or both were always injured on th e run up to a Mania. That match was never going to happen!

Rey is knackered... I imagine he takes his legs off when he's not on camera, and has someone carry him around in a sack, like when Chewbacca had to lug around a dismembered C3PO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

This from Ian in the depression thread. Made me proud to be a member of the UKFF (and a paid one at that.)

Butch is really funny. I heard him on that wrestling podcast Allan Blackstock does, and he was really good. He's exactly what a wrestling podcast needs. Someone who can laugh at things and not come across as a bitter cunt who'd rather be watching something else. I've always understood him a lot more than I have others because we are the same age, he mentions a lot of the same fears I have and he makes me laugh on here. I'm not the best person to be giving advice to, but I've been in a horrible place before and you feel like there's no escape from it but that's only because your head is clouded with no perspective and you keep telling yourself things that aren't really there. Real Randy Savage type stuff. Right now my Dad is waiting to go into hospital because he found a shadow on his lung. When he told me this I went full on tears and totally lost it. There's grown up tears and then there's an absolute loss of control. And I felt like I'd been hit with a shovel or something. But since then, I've sort of shifted focus somewhat. I've sort of been worrying about someone else, other than me. You have to realise that being 29 and in the shit isn't out of the ordinary. A lot of people are struggling, so dont feel like you are worthless. My brothers in his 30s and went through a divorce and he was up to his eyes in it for a while there. Its all apart of growing up sadly.

I dont know where I'm going with this, so if someone wants to throw in some junior psychology be my guest but I remember years ago, I used to run a shitty geocities Hulk Hogan fan site. My mate ran a Steve Agnew one and totally took the piss out of the bio page ("Agnew hails from the mean streets of Shipley"). And 90% was to entertain a few mates at college and they would verbally nosh me off about how amazing it was, even though it really wasn't. It made me feel less like a useless cunt, as sad as that may sound. Like someone is enjoying something I'm putting out. Its why I occasionally post long posts on here, whether its a tribute to Crush or that No Holds Barred post. Its fun to sometimes throw something out there and hope someone enjoys it. Like Gladstone's review of Robocop. I absolutely loved it. Usually I'd just say "good stuff that" and keep it to myself, but I decided to post it on here for two reasons. 1) Because I thought it was great 2) because I knew he was going through a bad time at that moment and wanted to bring a bit of love to his writing, because he's a good bloke. Earlier on I e-mailed Dave Meltzer telling him to stick Woyzeck's book in his news update saying I'd bought it (I haven't yet - soz!), because he's a talented writer, and it'd be cool to see this thing do well for him. So many shit books on wrestling and pop culture are out there that people buy, it would be nice to see one do well from a writer who is actually a good writer and funny. This forum is quite strange in the sense that, I haven't met a lot of people on here yet its fucking shit to hear some really good people struggling when they really entertain me. Seeing Tommy post about how bad he's going through when he's actually had enough balls to get involved in wrestling. I never had the bottle get involved in wrestling. Same as Butch. He was a ring announcer in Wales and did comic cons and stuff. You know how cool that is? Woyzeck has books on Amazon for fucks sake.

What I'm sort of getting at is, I am one person who can tell you that Butch isn't worthless to me. When I see his name next to a post, I never miss the thumbnail. So many people on here stuck a hand out when I wasn't at my best last year. Loads of people did. Gladders tried PMing me, tweeting me and wanted to find my e-mail address. That sort of thing means something when you are feeling like shit. If you ever feel down, this is a great place to seek out some advice.

Unless you aren't a paid member, then sorry but you can go and fuck yourself.

Archived