The Health and Fitness Thread

ShortOrderCook

On 4/19/2018 at 10:12 PM, Keith Houchen said:

I've also got a good size lump in my armpit so going for an ultrasound to see what it is

It’s a tumour. The doctor has done the necessary and got me going for scans and biopsies and the like. She was saying they can’t really say any more until after the further tests. I know doctors are pragmatic and prepare for all eventualities but I felt there was a certainty in her delivery when she repeated “Be prepared that it might be cancer”. She’s the top doctor in the surgery but maybe I’m reading too much into it. 

On the Ultrasound report it had ruled out all the non harmful stuff like cysts, but it had a wonderful coupling that caught my eye “Sinister Pathology”, that so has to be a band name!  I think sinister refers to the left side or something but them is foreboding words, yo. 

When I got back to my car I caught my reflection and I was wearing a Los Pollos Hermanos T-shirt, so if I do have cancer we all know what steps I need to take. 

• Paid Members

Really sorry to hear that Keith, will be keeping my fingers crossed that it's something benign, or at least something easily treated rather than anything more serious in the long term. I imagine that's a pretty scary thing to hear from a doctor, but hopefully, they're just being pragmatic to cover themselves. 

Also, agreed, Sinister Pathology is a great potential band name!

• Paid Members

Sorry to hear that Keith, sending you best wishes. 

2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Cheers. My girlfriend is real worried but I’ve promised her that we have Yankees to boo next year in London and I’m not missing that!

You may get another tip to London shortly if Coventry make it through their second leg in the play-offs! County supporting friend was incandescent with rage after the first leg. 

42 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Sorry to hear that Keith, sending you best wishes. 

You may get another tip to London shortly if Coventry make it through their second leg in the play-offs! County supporting friend was incandescent with rage after the first leg. 

Haha, don’t blame them! That was a proper robbing. I don’t think I’ve heard any Cov fan think it was a penalty.