Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Sitting next to Graham Everett at the City/Leeds game, the boxing trainer for the Walsh brothers, is as close to a celebrity spot for me as i'll get. And spending all day on a coast-hopper with former Ducking Punches members Cal and Soph. 

  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Professor Sue Black jabbing furiously at her iPhone on the street outside an All Bar One. Guess those Clans won't Clash themselves. 

Edited by Onyx2
Posted (edited)

Got a photo with Jon Snow (Channel 4 one) and shook his hand after a film premier he was hosting a few weeks back. He seemed patient enough with me as I faffed about with an iPhone. 

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz
Spelt "John" instead of "Jon"
Posted

I'm not sure if League One and Jamaican international footballers count as celebrities, but I had Plymouth Argyle and Jamaican International Joel Grant join up the library I work at on Wednesday. 

He goes to use one of our computers to print stuff out. Anyway one of my regulars who I usually talk Argyle with approaches me, unaware that Joel was sitting right behind me. 

"See that Argyle lost again on Saturday, eh?" she says. Usually I would engage in conversation and say "Yeah load of old bollocks mate", but I'm in full Customer Service mode, and I'm motioning not to say anymore due to someone who played in that very game sitting right behind me. 

"Are you going on Saturday?" she asks (They're playing Doncaster, which they'll probably lose again). I tell her no, as I'm busy that day. "I don't blame you. Load of old rubbish!" she responds as she bids me farewell. I'm feeling pretty awkward about everything. Hoping he didn't hear the whole conversation. 

As Joel left an hour later, I wish him good luck for Saturday. He looked like he wanted to just tell me to" Fuck off". 

Yeah, he's never coming back to my workplace again... 

Posted

Especially if you said the injury prevented you from being selected for a Wales friendly.  Love to see him try and make out that wouldn't be the case.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

The legendary Derek Jacobi buying a coffee and tucking into a Mars Bar at the cafe at Westbury station. Looked to have boarded the London Waterloo service. A wise choice given the chaos at Paddington.

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...