Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, PunkStep said:

For those that spent years bemoaning that Shelton never got the main event run he deserved should watch his in-ring promo last night. He's bloody awful on the mic isn't he? So unnatural and awkward.

Having met the bloke, he's pretty unnatural and awkward just being himself too.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have smackdown got their tv rights up for renewal soon ? Otherwise I think this is the first draft since the first 1 in 2002 where the smackdown roster is so stacked.

raw has all the boring fucks, where smackdown is full of dynamic exciting wrestlers 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Jacko said:

raw has all the boring fucks, where smackdown is full of dynamic exciting wrestlers 

I love the idea of Vince sitting in his office, cigar in his mouth and steak wrap soaked in ketchup in his right hand, cackling to himself between obnoxious chewing and big gulps of smoke.

"Heh, let's see the Smackers gang dig themselves out of that mess!".

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Jacko said:

Have smackdown got their tv rights up for renewal soon ? Otherwise I think this is the first draft since the first 1 in 2002 where the smackdown roster is so stacked.

Yeah I think both the Raw and Smackdown deals are up this year, aren't they? Are they still feeling out Fox?

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

I love the idea of Vince sitting in his office, cigar in his mouth and steak wrap soaked in ketchup in his right hand, cackling to himself between obnoxious chewing and big gulps of smoke.

"Heh, let's see the Smackers gang dig themselves out of that mess!"

Isn't Vince massively anti-smoking?

Everyone around here seems down on poor old Bobby Roode.  I actually think he's done ok as a face, although he's much better as a heel.

That's my prediction, in fact, out of all this.  It looks on the surface that Raw got fucked over in this Shakeup but they'll be forced to make some changes and take some chances, and push some people in different ways.  Give Roode a heel turn and he could be a top guy for them.  Elias too is ready for more of a top line push.  So they'll ring the changes, and create some new stars.

Conversely, Smackdown has way too many top guys now, they're going to struggle to keep them all interesting.  I hope, I REALLY hope that they have Samoa Joe lined up for a championship run.  He's been the only legit challenger to Lesnar in the last 12 months, he's ready right now.  Have Nakamura beat Styles, and then Joe beat Nak - that's the next 6 months sorted.

I can only echo the disappointment over the lack of Nikki Cross.  She's been AWOL on NXT for months now too.  No idea what the plan is for her.

• Paid Members

I'm with you Loki. We had a discussion on here about Roode's music and how it's been both a benefit and a curse, seeing as it's meant he came to the proper show as a babyface, when his character should really be a heel. Thing is, Bobby Roode can be a good babyface, but it worked in TNA because he was playing an everyman-type that spent his day talking to ducks. His character currently is that of a fella that has a good entrance, which needless to say doesn't get a lot outside of a bit of a pop for said entrance.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Loki said:

Everyone around here seems down on poor old Bobby Roode.  I actually think he's done ok as a face, although he's much better as a heel.

I'm not down on him but its only because I remember how good he's been. There is nothing in the way they present him or what they give him to do that would make you care. Not just the problems ColBol mentions but the fact that he's working with absolute fucking dullards.

Archived