Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'd be well surprised if Vince doesn't wake up on the Monday and decide he's been too generous to Smackers, so he'll draft a couple to Raw.

SD has a ridiculous roster, after that. They'll probably make it rubbish, but they've got every chance of having a really good year of telly with The Miz, Bryan, AJ, Nakamura, Joe, Hardy etc floating about the top of the card - typing those names makes me realise what a 2008 wankfest WWE has become. Mental.

I don't have an issue with Bryan pissing about with the midcard. After all, if he's winning the title back, that's a part of your Wrestlemania taken care of. However, drinking my Mum's bath water is more welcome than Big Cass with his big trunks. Who knows maybe Bryan can make him into something, but there is just so little to work with. He reminds me a little bit of a melted 2009/10 Drew McIntyre.

8 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Also means I can never order a sausage sandwich or ask for any foreign beer without stuttering like I've already sank 8 pints.

Fucking hell, bet you were Romans biggest fan during the suffering succotash debacle.

• Paid Members

44 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Whatevs. "Smackers" sounds like it'd be uttered by people that go to "Bommy Night."

You're right, it has an Oxford stank to it. "After playing a bit of rugger, let's catch this week's Smackers. Shall we, Raiders?"

41 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

I think it’s likely that they pair The Miz with Big Cass which would give some longevity to the upcoming Bryan/Miz feud. Great draft for Smackdown overall though. 

That's a good shout, Miz doesn't do being alone. He's had some sort of accomplice during most of his WWE career- John Morrison, Alex Riley, R-Truth, Damien Sandow, Maryse, the Miztourage. Wouldn't mind seeing him head up a bona fide stable.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I've never publicly discussed the work of fantasy author Patrick Rothfuss for similar reasons.

I remember years ago trying to get across to someone that I'd just bought the new album by '..And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead' and it almost broke down into a game of charades. Then I decided to chat about 'Circle Takes The Square' and the whole conversation (and probably friendship) went tits up. 

Circling the convo back to Smackers, I hope Almas can make a great impression when he debuts, enough that he gets in the good books with the right people in order to stay in the upper-card mix. Such a natural heel and his team work with Vega is outstanding.

• Paid Members

Smackdown really came off for the better in that draft. They got rid of a lot of the stale bread  and dead wood from their roster in the form of Corbin, Ziggler, Mahal and babyface Bobby Roode and in the thumbs down side of the column they only inherited Big Cass. SmackDown were the winners of the draft this year. 

Joe, AJ, Nakamura, Daniel Bryan, Jeff Hardy, Miz, The Bar, The Uso's, New Day, Rusev, Almas. It's a pretty fine looking upper mid card/main event. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, The Dart said:

You're hoping that when the crowd boos a bad guy WWE will realise the crowd don't like him and stop using him?

No, but my grammar and explanation was poor as I was trying to answer snippets of other people’s points.

I meant hopefully the crowd boo him, so he comes across as a legitimate main event heel.

I also meant hopefully WWE see that he’s not up to the task to have any meaningful run with the title. So that he does his job for the likes of AJ etc, but then that’s it.

Id much prefer he completely proves me wrong and he does an out of nowhere Mark Henry esque run. 

Archived