Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

That segment went from a bit of a car crash, with Cass trying to cut his promo while the crowd chanted something inaudible to tremendous fun with Cass battering the midget and getting great heat from the crowd and "Asshole" chants. They should definitely make "Casshole" tees.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bukamania said:

Is it wrong I really enjoyed Big Cass/Daniel Bryan segment on Smackdown?

I'm really enjoying Big Cass as a heel since he returned on Smackdown. He's a big guy who hates small guys and felt overshadowed with Daniel Bryan's return and now he's out for vengeance. It's great stuff in my opinion.

Yes. Daniel Bryan should only be the top guy and should only be fighting top guys in championship matches. Anything else is burying him.

Is it though? Realistically there's actually probably a section of the audience that aren't even that aware of him as an in-ring performer. A small chunk I know but there's no harm in building him up again for a bit rather than throwing him right in at the top. That was never his style. He's the plucky underdog after all and they probably want to see how he holds up before throwing a title on him.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Favourite part of SmackDown this week was when Carmella moonwalked past the Iiconics and they went 'Oh, here she comes again'. It was how it was delivered that made me laugh.

I know it's a pretty minor thing but I'm happy with the way that the pair have been presented so far on SmackDown. The bits of promo/character work have told the tv audience who they are, while plenty of call ups have received "They did great in NXT" and little else, and the two matches have been booked right. Fully expected WWE to get it wrong and book them to lose to the two thrown-together babyfaces, which would have been annoying to have the TEAM lose to the stars. Peyton getting tapped in a six-woman, however, is fine. Six-person losses with an extra opponent to worry about and an unfamiliar partner involved never bother me with tag teams, and the match existed to build for Carmella v Charlotte without, refreshingly, either getting a fall on the other.

Come to think of it, I also liked the content (if the delivery was a little weak) of Paige informing Sonya/Mandy that they weren't getting special treatment and booking Mandy v Becky as an offshoot of what happened last week. They're finally getting to the point where characters get some attention, people are given issues and stories, there's a bit of depth and its closer to "a division" rather than just "which two lasses are fighting for the belt this month?"

2 hours ago, air_raid said:

I know it's a pretty minor thing but I'm happy with the way that the pair have been presented so far on SmackDown. The bits of promo/character work have told the tv audience who they are, while plenty of call ups have received "They did great in NXT" and little else, and the two matches have been booked right.

Right, and I hope in a similar way they don't have some kind of "Sanity next week!" package, and they just turn up at some point to cause chaos. The slow build to Almas' first appearance is good as well, maybe they're learning?

• Paid Members

Bryan lost clean already. I'm delighted Rusev got a big win but fucking hell, what are they playing at? Why wouldn't you at least have Big Cass cost him the match?

Jeff Hardy lost too. That's not as bad but still needless. Have The Miz weasel a count out win. That's his game.

Won't complain about Lynch losing. She always loses. Otherwise a quick and easy watch. Love that their response to the PPV being shit is to send out both GMs to talk about how good it was!

• Paid Members

Bryan seems very much a redemption story. He's been away near three years and has won a tag match, proved he can keep up in singles but either lose or not have a definitive winner or grab a win that some are describing as 'lucky' because he used the fact he'd been wrestling longer to outsmart a bigger guy. Whereas Rusev has been around the top of the card the entire time Bryan has been away. Even the rumble he took a pasting throughout and never looked an unstoppable talent like some who entered to mass eliminate people. 

When he eventually wins the belt it'll mean more as storyline wise he'll have earned getting back to the top and showing he's still as good as always maybe even better. 

Archived