Smackdown Discussion Thread

Iconic Duo fucking rule. Peyton's sarcastic "I'd like to thank the air for allowing me to breathe" at Charlotte got a great reaction. Best character value in the division for ages.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I know it's been a week but Charlotte's "who am I gonna make magic with next?" line has really grated on me for how smug, "how good are my matches" and.... well, how much the kind of thing Ziggler would say it was. Other people have said it but it's the first time I've cared to notice, but talking up how good the match was rather than the fact you won is so shit. The commentators can put over the match, the wrestlers shouldn't have to.

• Paid Members
On 4/13/2018 at 11:39 AM, tiger_rick said:

That makes sense anyway. The refs are all about fairness. It makes sense that they'd want to talk the heel out of doing something dastardly to someone in no condition to wrestle. Like the way they appeal to people not to go to far in no holds barred matches and the like. Only complaint would be that they should have done this all along, except perhaps the first time.

Never put the ref off when Edge cashed in twice in situations where the champion was unable to wrestle properly, or Alberto, Swagger, Miz, Kane, Punk, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus and Ambrose. The ref would take the case and call for the  bell. Why would it be any different just because it was the ladies?

I haven’t paid a massive amount of attention to Carmella’s briefcase run, but hasn’t she regularly changed her mind at the last minute? Could it be that it was the ref checking she was absolutely sure this time?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I haven’t paid a massive amount of attention to Carmella’s briefcase run, but hasn’t she regularly changed her mind at the last minute? Could it be that it was the ref checking she was absolutely sure this time?

Give him a goldfish, I think he's right you know.

• Paid Members

It just looked to me like really bad, cheesy overacting on the part of the ref. 

The idea was the right one, as the "cash in" is supposed to a complete shock to the ref, but it just wasn't executed very well...

• Paid Members

It gets a lot of stick for being done to death but to it's credit, the live crowd were chanting Carmella's name while Charlotte was getting pasted, and seemed to react to her win. I even watched it on YouTube, which is remarkable because it was uploaded as a completely separate video to the Iconics appearing and doing their damage, which is why I was there in the first place. I can't imagine another scenario where "Carmella won the belt" is something I'd choose to watch. Although it's sure gonna be fun, eventually, watching her run scared from Asuka.

Spoiler for tonight’s Shakeup, and probable TV feud going forward

Daniel Bryan v The Miz has been announced for Liverpool, Newcastle and Sheffield on next months UK Tour, so Bryan is staying put.

Jeff Hardy and Big Cass are both backstage too, so looks like their both moving over from RAW, makes you wonder why sort on didn’t just retain the US belt at Mania if they want to keep it on Smackdown

• Paid Members

Guys to SmackDown:

The Miz

Jeff Hardy

Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville

Samoa Joe

Big Cass

Asuka

Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson

Cesaro and Sheamus

R-Truth

Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe and Killian Dain

Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas and Zelina Vega

This has to be one of the better drafts in favour of Smackdown. They've done really well.

Heel, "No Speak English," Nakamura is getting better with each passing week.

I love the idea of a heel who’s just constantly punching you in the crackers. That’s proper cunty stuff.

Smackdown have played a blinder. Could do without the Big Cass main event push that’s clearly coming, but in general the talent level on Smackdown is insane.

It’s strange they’ve left Bryan and AJ on the same show. I’d have thought they’d have shifted someone who’s over to the Raw main event.

• Paid Members

They already had AJ, Bryan, Naka and Rusev and now they get Joe, Jeff Hardy, Miz and Almas and Vega. That's fucking awesome. 

Big Cass being the new Corbin I can live without but otherwise, Smackers is the show to watch.

Archived