Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, DootDootDoot said:

Well there's no need for the Miz butterfly flick. I thought this was an open and free environment.

You thought wrong. This is one nation under Moo with liberty and justice for nobody.

Nation+Kid.gif

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He's the star of the team, IMO. He's tremendous at little subtle things which elevate what he's trying to sell.

The show wasn't much cop, but I guess they feel most of the matches sell themselves already, so why over do it.

A shame Styles v Nakamura doesn't feel like a bigger deal, though. Doesn't help Nakamura can't really cut a half decent promo, but it's all felt a little too nice and by the numbers.

I'm not convinced Nakamura isn't able to cut a promo though. They've really leaned into the broken 'Engrish' thing since his move to the main roster, which feels like a decision that's been made by higher ups, seeing as his podcast interviews have shown that Nakamura's English is very good. 

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

My word, Sami Zayn is good at being an annoying prick. He’s been a real revelation as a heel. 

Considering he would never cut promos as Generico too his promo work is very good.

Agreed, I honestly did not think he would work as a heel given how good he was a babyface but it's like he was born for the role.

Sami's work has been outstanding since turning heel. I'm torn between Daniel Bryan getting another Mania moment and thinking that Team Zowens won't just be fired. I know they can go to Raw but I'd rather see them as the top heels on SD.

Leaning towards a Shane O' Heel turn to continue the story and get Bryan fighting against the odds again. Keep forgetting that this isn't just a one off for Bryan and that post Mania we get him back all the time so he'd need a solid feud coming out of it.

I do wish the build to the title match was stronger but the match should hopefully make us forget all about it!

Thought the Charlotte-Asuka build was good here...as usual a very good match between Charlotte and Nattie and some good afters with Asuka. I'm really looking forward to that match on Sunday.

• Paid Members

This is absolutely fantastic. Best he's looked since night one against Sami Zayn. Imagine having this at your disposal and instead of showing segments on Smackdown every week, you instead decide to script the shittest feud in the world between him and AJ. Unbelievable.

Yeah, that was brilliant. The booking of both AJ and Shinsuke after his RR win has been so lame it started to kill my buzz for their Mania match but that video has completely reinvigorated my passion and excitement for the two. My only remaining doubts are whether or not they'll get given the time, here's hoping they get at least 20 minutes to tell their story.

14 hours ago, Supremo said:

This is absolutely fantastic. Best he's looked since night one against Sami Zayn. Imagine having this at your disposal and instead of showing segments on Smackdown every week, you instead decide to script the shittest feud in the world between him and AJ. Unbelievable.

Agreed, this is fantastic. WWE does this stuff SO well and it really makes me want to see him win on Sunday.

• Paid Members

Haha! Touché!

My biggest takeaway from that video package is that if you let Nakamura talk normally then he's got more charisma and presence than anyone on the roster. It's when he's made to do WWE-style promos that he ends up coming across as this weird, awkward, child-like figure. It's such a shame that everyone is required to deliver the same type of patterned, badly-scripted, live promos because his strengths are clear for everyone to see here. All of his promos should be recorded at the beach or in the car. Or, just give him Heyman when Brock fucks off.

• Paid Members

Just finished watching it, what a tremendous video. He's so damn likeable, constantly smiling and dripping with coolness. I'm well up for him VS AJ now. I loved the production, I'd happily watch more stuff like this.

Managed to squeeze this in this morning with breakfast. I’ll be honest, could have lived a thousand more lifetimes and not needed to see the spot that finished the main event, i.e. the reversed suplex from the top with AJ’s bodyweight landing on Daniels head. Oof.

Enjoyed that main event, and thought it showed Shinsuke in a poorer light that they could show signs of having such a good match with a similar face/face dynamic. The run-in was fairly telegraphed but I think the reason they felt confident giving away 12/13 minutes of AJ/Bryan free-to-air is that they know they’re not going to be on the same show as of next week. For the longest time it felt like AJ was ending up on Raw, but now Bryan’s back I wouldn’t be surprised if he took that spot.

The rest of the show I watched on FF as it seemed purposely written to annoy me. Not into Paige as GM; not into Carmella’s screaming or Mike Chioda getting way out of his lane; not into Carmella anyway; really not into Charlotte losing the title right now; seen The Uso’s/New Day a million times and have no interest in the US title feud continuing. 

Why does Orton need to be in a no. 1 contenders match anyway? Doesn’t he have the same automatic rematch rights as The Miz does for the IC title? Odd.

Archived