Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's working house shows this weekend, doing 8 man tags (AJ & New Day v Gable, Benjamin, Rusev and English) so that he's not working full matches

People seem to have got carried away at AJ picked a slight injury, and Bryan getting cleared only fueled it further. AJ gets a knock, Bryan's cleared and before you know it people are booking a Bryan/Nakamura dream match with 2 episodes build for a world title that hasn't been vacated

• Paid Members

Awesome stuff. I’ll never get over the turnaround this angle has made. I literally stopped watching the shows, I was so  bored of it, and now I can’t wait for Tuesday. It’s incredible.

When was the last time Mike Kanellis was used on TV? And how long after their kid is born do you think they’ll get released? 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Awesome stuff. I’ll never get over the turnaround this angle has made.

Really? One of the most popular wrestlers of recent times is cleared to work again after 4 years and suddenly a story that was trudging has an incredible lease of life. It's hardly surprising. I give them some credit for the beatdown last week and some cute touches since they were "fired" but if they'd done it identically with the prospect of facing Shane and, say, Dolph Ziggler, it'd mean fuck all.  Bryan's made this. Jammy bastards.

• Paid Members

Let's be honest, he's had a massive rub of fortune to be there in the first place. I don't think his ability, look or charisma (or ANYTHING about him at all) are the reason behind his employment. He won the girlfriend lottery.

24 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

According to Cagematch, Mike Kanellis' was last on TV on Smackdown #965 on Feb 13th (losing to Tye Dillenger) so just under 6 weeks ago. That was his first appearance since late November.

That was a dark match.  He was last in a match on TV in August.

Apparently he's in for a bit of a repackaging after Mania.  They're just keeping him busy on house shows/dark matches until then I guess.

• Paid Members

Was Mike Bennett ever anything special before his entire act was that he was fucking Maria? There’s no repackage I can think of that’ll hide the fact that he’s really dull and average without her.

Christ, they need to keep a live mic out of Nakamura’s hand. Every word he says ruins his mystique. Had they fucked off the promo and just done the beatdown and the ‘KNEE...TO...FACE’ and head pat we’d have got the point and not needed to suffer through what came before. It’s borderline uncomfortable. It’s like trying to listen to the deaf lad at work; he’s a terrific  lad, I really like him and it makes me feel like such a dick that I haven’t got a scooby what he’s saying, and just makes me feel bad that he’s having to go through what I can only imagine is a fairly humiliating process.

The Daniel Bryan promo was good, but I wish they hadn’t added that stipulation. I don’t want to see Bryan lose, but I also don’t want KO/Sami to stay fired for the long haul as those stories tend to have a fairly short shelf life. Unless this is all leading to a Shane heel turn which would be awful. In many ways, as much as this story has gone from terrible to great in a short space of time, I still want it to be over at Mania. For one, it’s been going on for ages but two, I just want them to move Bryan on to bigger and better things straight away. A Bryan/Shane program isn’t the one.

Archived