Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Kevin Owens has changed his Twitter name to Kevin Steen and his Twitter handle to @FightSteenFight

I love little touches like this.

That's so great. Brilliant subtlety. 

I wonder, do we assume they'll have an unsanctioned tag match at WrestleMania, similar to Triple H vs. HBK at Summerslam 2002? Seems to not only fit in with the story now that Sami and Kevin are, "fired," but it also gives the Mania card some variety since there aren't any gimmick matches on the show.

How good is that? The inevitable 24 Special regarding this is going to be absolutely incredible.

I've watched the closing angle about five times now. It's phenomenal. One of the best things in years and years. Sami and Kevin are such hateable pricks. This feud is perfect.

9 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Kevin Owens has changed his Twitter name to Kevin Steen and his Twitter handle to @FightSteenFight

They should have "Kevin Steen" and "El Generico" do a couple of indy shows this week.  Trouble is, they couldn't really mention it or promote it as that would defeat the point.  But word would spread.  Daniel Bryan could mention it on Twitter even if WWE don't.  The other trouble is, is they won't do that.

• Paid Members

I was going to suggest they could pop up at the next Evolve show...however the next one is April 5th. Too late, as it will be after the go-home show before WrestleMania. Can't see them flying over for the next Progress show this weekend.

It has probably been said but Sami Zayn was amazing in that segment. We all know Owens is a massive prick and his actions are totally in character but Zayn really looked like a guy who didn't want to be beating his friend up and was just doing what he had to which made his action seem ten times worse. He is great at conveying emotions without it being really cheesy and I thought it was just as good as the 'will he/won't he' chair shot vs Neville in the Sami can't win the big one feud.

• Paid Members

It' a shame WWE don't have a better relationship with NJPW, as those two showing up as Steen and Generico over the weekend in Long Beach would be superb. Large enough platform to make it big news as a one-off (ideally it would be an ROH show as neither worked for NJPW prior to WWE), and would be a logical move if they were legitimately fired, as opposed to the storyline dismissals. Would never happen, of course.

• Paid Members

In terms of getting headlines, it doesn't need to be somewhere as big as NJPW for that to work - Owens and Zayn showing up anywhere would get the requisite press, so they could easily use a promotion they're on better terms with like EVOLVE to fit that bill, or even just a tiny indie promotion that's run by someone in WWE's good books, or something like Booker T's company.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

In terms of getting headlines, it doesn't need to be somewhere as big as NJPW for that to work - Owens and Zayn showing up anywhere would get the requisite press, so they could easily use a promotion they're on better terms with like EVOLVE to fit that bill, or even just a tiny indie promotion that's run by someone in WWE's good books, or something like Booker T's company.

17 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I was going to suggest they could pop up at the next Evolve show...however the next one is April 5th. Too late, as it will be after the go-home show before WrestleMania. Can't see them flying over for the next Progress show this weekend.

EDIT: Sorry, pressed post before I'd finished. Agree Evolve would be the best option for such an angle, but no Evolve shows til nearer Mania, and you imagine most indies in their good books have their next big show Mania weekend? (Obviously it's moot because WWE aren't going to do it, but still)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, boytoy said:

It has probably been said but Sami Zayn was amazing in that segment. We all know Owens is a massive prick and his actions are totally in character but Zayn really looked like a guy who didn't want to be beating his friend up and was just doing what he had to which made his action seem ten times worse. He is great at conveying emotions without it being really cheesy and I thought it was just as good as the 'will he/won't he' chair shot vs Neville in the Sami can't win the big one feud.

Yeah the one thing that did annoy me though was Owens' screaming generic noise. Either cold-blooded silence or some actual words screamed would've been better than his distressed Nia Jax impression.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah the one thing that did annoy me though was Owens' screaming generic noise. Either cold-blooded silence or some actual words screamed would've been better than his distressed Nia Jax impression.

He did scream “you did this” Just before or after I think but yea I don’t mind it, he’s frustrated.

17 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

WWE have also moved him and Zayn to the alumni section of their website. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Grecian said:

WWE have also moved him and Zayn to the alumni section of their website. 

That's happened before, hasnt it? Wanna say when Cena spent 8 days off after Nexus/Orton related fannying.

I'm wondering if AJ's injury is a lot worse than expected, does anyone think WWE would go the whole hog with the Owens/Zayn storyline and keep them off Mania and maybe have them return to Raw in the superstar shakeup?

That could free up Bryan to face Nakamura for the vacant title at Mania?

Would leave the whole Shane/Sami/Owens story unfinished and wouldnt really fit in with Bryans underdog character, but just a thought.

Archived