Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I look at that Hemp belt, the more I love it. The more I see fans on twitter getting salty about it, I take another look at the belt and I love it a little more.

Ive said it a lot recently, but I’m now fully convinced that Nakamura is done whenever his deal is up, which is apparently at some point this year

• Paid Members

The hemp title is the best thing. I was hoping after the Rumble that he'd bring out a vegan leather belt or something, but they've exceeded expectations there.

Samoa Joe's promo was superb. The best thing about his mic work is that it's not the stop-start, wait for crowd approval, cadence of every WWE promo, it's just a terrifying man with the confidence to say whatever he likes. He sounds real.

The more I see fans on twitter getting salty about it, I take another look at the belt and I love it a little more.

Really? I've only seen positive things about it.

Agree with the Joe love. He absolutely deserves a run with the title. He's been top draw for 2 years now. Amazing how both he and AJ are still going strong.

• Paid Members

I never expected Joe to win the title during his run with AJ, mainly because I thought they were dead set on keeping the belt on AJ until post-Royal Rumble so he'd wipe out CM Punk's record. I didn't expect them to switch it to Daniel Bryan for the same reason. In retrospect it would have been a great time to put the belt on Joe. Still, his ability to command the mic and his unique style mean he'll always look like a threat and you'll always take him seriously in the title picture. You could have him do a few jobs over two or three months, and with just a few minutes on the mic and when he turns on that intensity, you believe he could batter and humble anyone you put in front of him. Fingers crossed he gets at least one title run before he packs it in. 

Smackers remains the A show. Enjoy it while it lasts because when the shakeup comes post-Wrestlemania it could decimate them. Or, it could go the other way and become even better - they'll want a strong contingent ready for the move to Fox later in the year, so maybe they'll put the building blocks in place for that? 

Every year we think Smackdown is going to get decimated in the Draft and every year they end up the better of the brands.

It's not about the roster, it's about how you book them.

• Paid Members

A million times better than Raw, again.

Every show is the Becky show at the moment. I honestly don't know what they'd have done this Wrestlemania season if they hadn't accidentaly stumbled upon The Man. Imagine these shows if they'd had their way and Becky was still playing the cowardly heel they wanted her to be around September last year!

Becky looked boss coming out through the crowd. That's another one for the "angles you love," thread. Everyone looks a star coming through the crowd. The staredown and slap to Hunter was great too. I'm more convinced than ever that they're going to crowbar Charlotte into the match, which is a shame, but at least we'll still (hopefully!) get the big moment where Becky wins in the final match of the night by tapping out or KO'ing Ronda.

I can't fucking wait for Andrade vs. Mysterio on PPV.

Daniel Bryan continues to be fantastic. They should sell replicas of that belt.

Joe needs to go to Raw, become Champion and save that show.

That finish to Ali vs. Orton felt almost too good to do on free TV. They should've saved that for the Chamber. Ali's really something special though, isn't he? This was one of Orton's more enjoyable matches in ages. Seems even Orton himself was too excited about having a match that left second gear though. Look what he did to poor Ali's face!

D195C1B1-5190-4B11-B98E-B22C3327195D.thumb.jpeg.8390daea3af4e0cc5a007ae1665ee36a.jpeg

Anyway, all that aside, let's get to the most noteworthy thing about this show. Billie Kay. What on Earth was that?!? Has she always been this shit and I've just never noticed before? She was unbelievably bad last night. The state of that bump she took to the outside, somewhere even Nia Jax was probably taking the piss.

• Paid Members

Can't say much Supremo hasn't said. I really, really liked the Ali and Uso interviews on Smackers. Looked so much better than the usual backstage stuff they do. They did another good one with Ali a couple of weeks ago too.

Has no one commented that the Superstars of Wrestling style inset interviews are back! I love them but I wouldn't do it on Raw. The show is twelve hours long. Any interview needs to take up air time!

I've said it a few times but I can't believe they are putting Charlotte into that match, for me that ruins the whole spectacle of it. It's Mania 24 all over again when they just had to shoehorn HHH into one of the most organic storys they had In years with Orton/Cena.

Becky has been brilliant this week though, stumbled onto something really good. Mania should be ending with her tapping Ronda out in the middle of the ring, one on one.

I'm wondering if Harper returns at the Chamber helping Bryan to sneak the win again, and after the Chamber Bray Wyatt comes back to feud with Bryan for the WWE Title at Mania, something I can totally see happening with the Harper/Rowan connection. What they do with the other chamber participants at Mania though I have no idea.

I’m also starting to worry they’re going to put Charlotte in the match. I suspect we’ll see Charlotte get given the spot, then Becky will ’earn’ her place back somehow so it feels less like Charlotte is stealing her position.

They haven’t really given Becky any reason to not trust the doctor or doubt Triple H etc though, which makes the angle slightly strange. 

If Charlotte does end up in the match I’ve no idea who they can put Asuka against. There’s really no one who would feel like a big deal here.

15 minutes ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

How about the doctors that didn't clear her to face Rousey at Survivor Series?

Yeah that's what I thought they were going with to be honest.

I can definitely see Charlotte been given the match against Ronda at Mania now, with Becky facing Charlotte at Fast Lane with the chance to get her shot back.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Yeah that's what I thought they were going with to be honest.

I can definitely see Charlotte been given the match against Ronda at Mania now, with Becky facing Charlotte at Fast Lane with the chance to get her shot back.

Hang about. You think Charlotte will get the match instead of Becky? Really?! 

Archived