The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

What didn't I fast forward through ala Peter Kay X30! They needed a further hook so had Shane drop an elbow through the announce table. There was Stephanie burying a locker room once again. Just another Divas title match upcoming. Eva Marie set up to fail with no concern given in Brooklyn.

Owens looking bored across at his mate who's got a gig with a guy Owens would love to get his hands on Friday night. Hunter giving his absolute best to promote his match with a guy who was fucked a very long time ago, and who the BK audience chanted you still suck to Reigns in closing

Lesner just wasted standing in his usual spot getting paid for not doing a great deal on the supposed show before a Mania. Where's the aggression, any, so we just watch Brock shrug his shoulders like duh? It's lazy in all aspects on Raw and I still think it won't change, they've proven otherwise so far.

It's clearly apparent that Vince gives no fucks and we've took the bait by watching no matter how awful this card looks for Sunday. This format surely has to change in a significant way next Monday or this drop is getting a lot worse I would think.

Edited by undercover elephant

Maybe rhetorical but how does Stephanie get away with stuff like that? Completely awful. This is about as far from a one match card as you could get given the complete lack of any big time matches. If there was ever a Mania to sell on having something for everyone it's this one. 

Anyway, I liked the Shane/Taker bits, didn't mind the AJ/Y2J and Ambrose/Lesnar bits even if they were totally skippable. WWE even managed to get a NY crowd to act the maggot during an Owens/Zayn match which is quite an accomplishment.

Watching Taker sell for Shane is the most sickening thing I've seen since I stumbled on Blue Meanie's kickstarter to pay for his mam's funeral. Just soul destroying, quite possibly the greatest character ever created in Wrestling is covering up from punches like that, it's pathetic, it's embarrassing, you have a main event where there is nothing and nobody to root for, if one guy loses it's bad and if the other guy loses it's bad. Is it Thursday yet I want to watch Lucha, this is just shit.

• Paid Members

The Observer front page Raw review completely misread and overreacted to Eva, totally missing that the reaction they were looking for was the one they got out of him. The babyfaces didnt even put her over for the save.

That seemed so obvious given her and her partners reactions, its amazing even Meltzer totally missed that. He was going mad about it on twitter last night as if WWE was expecting a Road Warrior pop or some shit.

Anything that involves Eva Marie generally has my sides splitting anyway. The amount of venom people have for her, surely there's something you can do with that.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Watching Taker sell for Shane is the most sickening thing I've seen since I stumbled on Blue Meanie's kickstarter to pay for his mam's funeral. Just soul destroying, quite possibly the greatest character ever created in Wrestling is covering up from punches like that, it's pathetic, it's embarrassing, you have a main event where there is nothing and nobody to root for, if one guy loses it's bad and if the other guy loses it's bad. Is it Thursday yet I want to watch Lucha, this is just shit.

Watching WWE now is an artform. I haven't seen Raw since Shane returned so it's still fresh to me dammit. I'm going from seeing that ace promo straight into the Cell match. That fans such as yourself are almost punished for watching a storyline play out is a testament to how inept WWE are at booking any type of feud these days. I've not been a Jericho fan for a long time but he must've had a big say in his feud with AJ cos that's the first logical feud in forever that's meant a damn. No idea how people can watch Raw weekly and still enjoy it. 

Lesner just wasted standing in his usual spot getting paid for not doing a great deal on the supposed show before a Mania. Where's the aggression, any, so we just watch Brock shrug his shoulders like duh? It's lazy in all aspects on Raw and I still think it won't change, they've proven otherwise so far.

Is that not the point though, an overconfident Lesnar isn't taking Ambrose seriously enough for Sunday, and may get caught out.

As someone who rarely watches these days, I watched the whole of last night and excluding the Shane/Taker match I left the show with fuck all desire to see anything else. The Brock thing did nothing for me. I couldn't get behind Reigns/HHH at all and the constant booing of Reigns as someone tuning in for a one-off I was left wondering really who was the good guy I should be rooting for here. The New Day thing seemed great, if your 6 years old and the tag match that went on forever at the end didn't really make me want to see any of them come Sunday.

Fucking dreadful. The last two hours of that show are two hours I'll look back on when I die and ask myself why.

Edited by seanz25

Anything that involves Eva Marie generally has my sides splitting anyway. The amount of venom people have for her, surely there's something you can do with that.

I'm not a weekly watcher of WWE (this was the first time i watched a full RAW since the 3rd 3hr show) so what's the deal with this? Why is she so hated?

• Paid Members

I think it stems down to the fact that a) she isn't very good and b) she's quite arrogant in Total Divas - in one of the first episodes she lied to say she could be an announcer, and completely fucked it up - could've been entirely scripted though. 

Does anyone backstage actually watch NXT? If they actually go through with Eva Marie being on the face team at Wrestlemania then there's something wrong, someone mentioned the Bayley switch which I would be all for but I just don't see it happening.

Eva Marie as the heel who doesn't know what she's doing and Nia Jax as her back up is great booking.

I think it stems down to the fact that a) she isn't very good and b) she's quite arrogant in Total Divas - in one of the first episodes she lied to say she could be an announcer, and completely fucked it up - could've been entirely scripted though. 

Also, putting her in the much loved NXT Womens division was genius as she is the antithesis of it. Instead of getting 'your rubbish' reactions/apathy, she was getting 'we hate that you are here, you don't deserve to be here, please go away forever' reactions which has been pretty great. In fact it's probably as close to geniune heel heat as your going to get in 2016.

It would actually be kind of awesome to see her and Roman Reigns together in a kind of updated version of H's/Stephanie.