The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

The main events seem to be well built with the Shane videos but just throwing the Undertaker stip into the mix doesn't make sense at the moment, Ambrose and Funk etc and HHH and Reigns in the garage but the rest of the build up leaves a lot to be desired, also no mention of where Rock, HBK etc are going to fit in.

Hopefully next weeks RAW will deliver. 

The main events seem to be well built with the Shane videos but just throwing the Undertaker stip into the mix doesn't make sense at the moment, Ambrose and Funk etc and HHH and Reigns in the garage but the rest of the build up leaves a lot to be desired, also no mention of where Rock, HBK etc are going to fit in.

It's obvious now that the people complaining that the Undertaker story 'doesn't make sense' just want everything spoonfed to them, and will complain about everything WWE do. Every reasonable question about the feud has a logical answer, even if it's not been spelled out on the shows.

People defending the Shane/Taker "storyline" :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:   Why is Shane fighting, someone tell me why, because if I had the lockbox of information that could ruin Vince's credibility and he tried to get me to do something I'd say "Nah mate your sound, If you don't hand over control to me right now then I will expose you" or "Fuck you with your Taker offer I'm Wrestling Brooklyn Brawler". It's insanity, they are literally I reckon booking this the day of the show, trying to paper over cracks and just digging a deeper hole week by week. This is without mentioning the fact that Shane's performance's since the return show have been laughable, like I can't watch this type of bad, he's been massively exposed being asked to perform and carry a main event program, but that's what happens when you don't elevate people and you ring your 46 year old son and say "Can you come back from China, I know you aint been in the ring for about 7 years but come carry the main even t of Wrestlemania".

Plus, Ambrose and Lesnar has been shit, Lesnar smashing Dean on the car was good but then what....... they had Ambrose and Heyman on the show on Monday and what did they do, they had Ambrose chopping up a table and Wrestling a 4 minute match against Strowman, WHY, fucking WHY!!!! Why didn't they have a solid, 10 minute back and forth in ring promo between Heyman and Ambrose, where Dean for once takes something seriously and says "you know what Paul, I know Brock is amachine, an ass kicking machine, he's a beast, he ended the Undertaker's streak, this is the biggest challenge I have ever faced but In adversity is where I shine, this means EVERYTHING to me, to beat Brock establishes me and I won't be denied, I will do anything to win this match". Instead of dicking about with that creep Foley and some weapons, it's utterly ridiculous.

I'm sorry, rant is over, but to me this is the worst I have ever seen.

It's obvious now that the people complaining that the Undertaker story 'doesn't make sense' just want everything spoonfed to them, and will complain about everything WWE do. Every reasonable question about the feud has a logical answer, even if it's not been spelled out on the shows.

No it does not at all.

• Paid Members

Can you spoonfeed to me which outcome I'm supposed to cheer for then? Is it the Undertaker not being able to wrestle at Wrestlemania again or is it Shane failing and 8 more years of the Authority?

None of this story makes any logical sense and it's made worse by Vince and Shane screwing up their lines every time they're out there.

If the "neckbeards" turn on this show, it'll be because nobody wants to see a Roman Reigns coronation, nobody wants to see the Wyatts likely ruin Brock/Ambrose and because in reality, this Hell In A Cell match is going to be a bit crap. They've lost their minds.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

I'm maybe giving them far too much credit, but the way they positioned The Undertaker match this week makes me think Vince is out to screw The Undertaker, or something. Maybe they'll lose their minds and have Cena turn up to cost 'Taker his career. They are making this up as they go along, though, and it has never really made much sense from the get go.

• Paid Members

Can you spoonfeed to me which outcome I'm supposed to cheer for then? Is it the Undertaker not being able to wrestle at Wrestlemania again or is it Shane failing and 8 more years of the Authority?

That's the big question. It was muddy before Monday, it's massively muddy now.

I'm beginning to think Shane has been brought in as a fall guy to 'turn heel' so those who want Vince to step down (and his successor to push the ex-indy guys to the moon, obviously) come out of it thinking "Phew, glad Vince & co. are still running the show!"

I'm not loving Ambrose being given weapons he's not going to use, either. This whole shebang should have been Last Man Standing rather than Street Fight, and the story should be how tough Ambrose is and how he keeps getting back up, not that he's the new "Hardcore Legend". (Although in the LMS situation he'd still bust out some weapons to 'level the playing field').

Edited by Statto

To be fair, that Philly crowd was a massive let down all night.

Most the so called "smark" crowds are shit because they only come to the shows to be smart arses. They don't make any effort to get into the actual show or matches like normal fans.

It seemed like they had total apathy. They couldn't even be bothered to boo Roman Reigns.

There is no Punk or Bryan for these smarks to get behind now. They really need KO/Zayn/AJ to fill that void.

• Paid Members

None of this story makes any logical sense and it's made worse by Vince and Shane screwing up their lines every time they're out there.

As much as I don't like the dynamic, that's the point isn't it? You've got to decide between wanting Taker to win and wanting McMahon to run Raw. You can't have everything. This isn't the story run for over two years to the point where everyone in the arena is desperate for Roman Reigns to take the belt off Triple H (!), this is supposed to be a mindfuck.

The build itself has been fine. WM was fucked a few weeks ago but they have salvaged it with some consistent booking and the sprinkling of "attitude" has helped, I'd say. Stuff like the parking lot brawls, the Ambrose/Funk segment, the brilliant but ludicrous video packages on Shane McMahon and people costing each other matches to enhance feuds.

To suggest this is the worst build ever after last year is fucking idiocy but when you consider clusterfucks like 13 & 16, it's even worse.

The point about the third hour drop is odd this week too given how small it was comparatively. They've been working hard to be better at that in fairness.

The desired outcome being unclear isn't illogical. Faces and heels aren't supposed to know that they're faces and heels; the angle is no less coherent if the good/bad dynamic is less black and white than the typical WWE storyline.

Fair play on the 'why is Shane fighting at all?' objection though. Hold my hands up on that one.

Well I know what i'm cheering for. I can certainly live without any further Taker performances now the streak has gone. There's no saying that Shane taking over Raw causing a brand split will improve the product any, although i would expect lots of call ups or people doing double duty from NXT, and TNA getting raped of anything else they have left which I believe would make for some interesting tv up until next years Mania at least and a reason to watch both shows. That seems like the way to go.

In 2010, were we supposed to cheer for Undertaker's streak ending or Shawn Michaels retiring?

• Paid Members

In 2010, were we supposed to cheer for Undertaker's streak ending or Shawn Michaels retiring?

That's an excellent point. To be honest, for me it got to the point where I wasn't really cheering for either, but I was absolutely riveted through sheer fascination as to what the outcome could be.