The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Having read a lot about the New Day, I must say that based on last night's evidence, their act is a load of bollocks!

It's the usual situation. They got over organically pissing about and it's since been pounced on and they are forced to "entertain" every single week. Now they're faces insulting heels without daring to offend anyone, it's even worse.

Shame because it's still miles better than what they were doing before and their matches and antics around the matches are still highly entertaining.

Another New Day/League of Nations dogshit segment.

I'm so glad someone said that.

I'm off work today and as I wasn't tired, I ended up watching a little over two hours of Raw in what must have been the most WWE TV I've watched since the last Wrestlemania.

Having read a lot about the New Day, I must say that based on last night's evidence, their act is a load of bollocks! I hope that's not usually the case.

I quite liked the old-school simpleness of the Jericho/AJ Styles build but that Andre Battle Royal segment was a load of nonsense filler wasn't it?

This was not old school booking.  To have your babyface lose twice to the same finish and then have the heal win dispite being distracted makes no sense at all.  It should have been the other way round.  It's lazy bullshit like this which is one of the reasons why babyfaces can't get the crowd behind them to the level they should be!

• Paid Members

There's a lot about modern booking that I don't like, but can't say I hated what they did there tbh. Isn't it pretty normal to build up the heel to set up a big win for the babyface at the big show? 

AJ Styles' opponent was also much higher up the card than Fandango.

I suppose its different if you watch Raw regularly though and get jaded by it week after week.

Edited by garynysmon

• Moderators

Another New Day/League of Nations dogshit segment.

I'm so glad someone said that.

I'm off work today and as I wasn't tired, I ended up watching a little over two hours of Raw in what must have been the most WWE TV I've watched since the last Wrestlemania.

Having read a lot about the New Day, I must say that based on last night's evidence, their act is a load of bollocks! I hope that's not usually the case.

I quite liked the old-school simpleness of the Jericho/AJ Styles build but that Andre Battle Royal segment was a load of nonsense filler wasn't it?

This was not old school booking.  To have your babyface lose twice to the same finish and then have the heal win dispite being distracted makes no sense at all.  It should have been the other way round.  It's lazy bullshit like this which is one of the reasons why babyfaces can't get the crowd behind them to the level they should be!

I think you're off the mark there. An "old school" (ugh) booking mentality would decree that the heel stays a step ahead through nefarious means, which Jericho has. The babyface overcomes at the end. Not in the middle.

Jesus this New Day/LON stuff is unbearable. It's so weird, nobody knows what to do, including the crowd, there is this odd 4 on 3 dynamic so one "lad" is forced to sit out all the time, New Day absolutely tanked this week, could hear dressing room doors open and close in the back it was fucking dead out there.

Some main event that, it finished and I was thinking "ok, what we got kicking off now, something is going down", then they advertised that shit E+C show and fucked off the air. 

It's drastic stuff this, if it weren't for Reigns and the AJ/Jericho feud I wouldn't even bother I don't think.