The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Having read a lot about the New Day, I must say that based on last night's evidence, their act is a load of bollocks!

It's the usual situation. They got over organically pissing about and it's since been pounced on and they are forced to "entertain" every single week. Now they're faces insulting heels without daring to offend anyone, it's even worse.

Shame because it's still miles better than what they were doing before and their matches and antics around the matches are still highly entertaining.

Basically this. I feel sorry for anyone who didn't see (and enjoy) them around Summerslam time. I still get excited to see the New Day though, so they've still far from jumped the shark as an act for me personally anyway

Echo the disappointment about the IC match. Zayn and Owens would've been lovely. I never mind a ladder spotfest but there's been a fair few recently. TLC was only December and I'm still a wee bit exhausted from what Kalisto did. Shame cos the Owens segment itself sending the jobbers out was a lot of fun. On the positive side, Zayn and Owens will surely be the focus and only plausible winners and are no strangers to ladders so it should be good stuff anyway.

Get rid of the MitB PPV and move the match to Mania please

Apart from that fairly satisfactory Raw goin into what should be a more than serviceable Mania

AJ/Owens superb.

Edited by sj5522

I was expecting everyone to be excited about the Owens VS Styles match. Instead I read more about AJ'S promo.

It's like I am surrounded by females talking about As the World Turns. I bet everyone is going to shit about His hair and Jericho's trunks again after they have a classic @ Mania.

I forgot about the Styles/Owens match. It was a lot better than the Smackdown one but had the same make AJ look like an idiot finish. I find it insulting when a supposed veteran international star of nearly 40 years old is still distracted by another wrestler far away from the ring and chooses to interupt obviously winning the match. Get the submission or pin and THEN shout at the intruder. FFS.

Can you spoonfeed to me which outcome I'm supposed to cheer for then? Is it the Undertaker not being able to wrestle at Wrestlemania again or is it Shane failing and 8 more years of the Authority?

In 2010, were we supposed to cheer for Undertaker's streak ending or Shawn Michaels retiring?

To be fair the build for that was amazing and went back over a story from the previous year. Made perfect sense that Shawn would retire if he couldn't win that match in a way that nothing in this Shane/Taker match does.

• Paid Members

What's weird is how they've placed all of the stipulations on The Undertaker losing. The hook for the Michaels vs. Undertaker match was that you were garuanteed to see history no matter what. Either The Undertaker was was going to lose for the first time at Wrestlemania or Shawn was going to retire. That's what made you invested. Something big was going to happen one way or another.

That's not the case with Shane vs. Undertaker though. Taker can just win, Shane fucks off, and everything stays the same. The Authority continue to rule and The Undertaker returns at next year's show. That's not to say that Shane is obviously not winning, I still think he will, but surely they could've came up with better hook for both outcomes?

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Wouldn't surprise me if they got him in for Mania.

It would surprise me. The whacky shit he's been saying for months is just too divisive. At least half the stadium would boo him out of the building, even though Texas is pretty conservative.

Actually there's a large Mexican population in Texas, I think the majority of the crowd would trash him.

• Paid Members

I watch most programming but don't always pay full attention these days but has Donald Trump's campaign been mentioned at all? I am curious on the company's stance on it.

I'm not trying to start a debate here.

They plan on bringing him in during voting season by all accounts. Vince definitely wants him on TV. If you're of that all publicity is good publicity stance, they see this as very news worthy around the time of the election.

They should have hosted one of the early debates, back when there were about 20 GoP candidates

Even better if they'd have booked them all in a gimmick Battle Royal. Ted Cruz reenacting Pillman's got a gun, Jeb Bush and Rand Paul as Ted Dibiase Jnr and Cody Rhodes in the legacy and Marco Rubio as original Sin Cara. Naturally, The Donald buys off Chris Christie and Ben Carson at the end with a big suitcase of cash for the win before ordering Christie to put Hillary through a table like year 2000 Bubba Ray Dudley.

He needs to be beaten up at the next raw so there's a surprise entrant... Shinsuke Nakamura! Bad fantasy booking I know but fuck it.

Funny you should mention SN as I still have a feeling that he'll feature in the ladder match the night after facing Zayn. Surely Nakamura is being used at Mania, why wouldn't you use him Edited by undercover elephant

This is Vince McMahon, I'd put the house on the fact that Vince aint seen one Nakamura match, I'd go one step further and say Vince does not and will not "get" him, the outlandish, Michael Jackson or Freddie Mercury type mannerisms, the quirkiness, Vince just does not understand all this, he is a proper weirdo that isn't into things, he doesn't know about life or pop culture or what is hip. To say he lives in a bubble would be like saying it's a bit snappy in the Antarctic.

Someone might try and tell him but at the end of the day he will either see it in Nakamura or he won't, and I've never wanted to be more wrong about a new character but he wants to hope he stays in NXT until Vince croaks, cos if not his body will get painted in tattoo's and he'll be bringing a samurai sword to the ring.