The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

If you were to tell me anyone I enjoy was to do a segment with Bray, I'd shudder, but "Woken" Matt Hardy really worked wonders with Bray. Bray was still Bray, like, but the addition of some humour makes a world of difference. Their 'laugh off' perfectly highlighted it.

I'm still skeptical it will go well, but that was a miracle of a 1st week from the "Broken/Woken" character.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

With his promo skills and brown leather apron, they should make him Butcher Bray. Get him driving a meat van into the arena. "Anyone here like Sausages? Who wants eight pound of Sausages for a fiver? Hang on a minute. I'm gonna chuck in two packets of Bacon with your Sausages. I'm gonna chuck in this bag of pork loin and, just for today, I'm gonna whack in four Trotters for nowt. Whose gonna give me a tenner for this quality bag? Eight quid to the first hand up? There you go darling, have a lovely day. Luke, Erick, take the money. *sings* He's got the whole pig, in his hands..."

If his matches are shit, at least you're making a profit in the car park before the show.

Haha,“Whole pig in his hands”,,. Bloody hell, that’s stuck now. He could sell his enemies ‘special stuff’.

To be fair, I love the idea of him being a butcher. He should have his own set and segment like pipers pit. It could be a mobile unit like an old ice cream van or repaint that ambulance that Braun chucks people at. The show could be called “Let’s have a Butchers” and features clips he has sneakily recorded on his Nokia and uploaded to social media. 

• Paid Members

I think I'd really enjoy Bray, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan putting on Lancashire accents and rolling out that fake plastic grass to walk down the ramp. He could throw sawdust in his opponents eyes, and change the Sister Abigail to the Butchers Hook.

• Paid Members

I do sort of miss gimmicks where wrestling was a secondary job. Like Big Boss Man as a corrections officer, The Mountie as a Mountie (obviously), Brtus Beefcake as a barber, Ric Martel as a model. I could definitely go for some of the modern roster having jobs as gimmicks. Butcher Bray, Dolph Ziggler repackaged as a stuntman. Anything is better than wrestlers shouting about being the best with no further character than being wrestlers. No charisma, or limited mic skills, give 'em a real world job.  

8 hours ago, Supremo said:

I’m not up to date with the news. What’s the deal with Matt using his Broken character? Have they cleared the legalities with TNA? Are they of the opinion that saying, “Woken,” rather than, “Broken,” is enough to stop TNA suing them? Or has TNA become such a joke that they simply don’t care anymore? 

They’re now allowed to use “Broken”, they’re just using “Woken” so they have total control/legal rights to it.

• Paid Members

TNA have also said they are no longer pursuing the case, and will permit any current or former talents to use their TNA personas outside of the company - that opens it up to allow Matt to use a lot of the broader aspects of the Broken Universe created in TNA; Vanguard 1.0, Senor Benjamin, all the "delete" and "obsolete" stuff.

If TNA hadn't backed down on that front, WWE probably wouldn't be able to get away with doing a functionally identical gimmick and just changing some letters around.

• Paid Members

The more I watch that "Woken" segment, the better it gets. Wyatt is a great person for him to bounce off and Wyatt's promo has focus for a change. Wyatt has been effective when he's had the right target and the stuff with Bryan, Cena and Undertaker is testiment to it. He was really good a year ago with the Orton link-up and his chasing the World title. 

But too often it's hocus pocus bullshit with no hook. This had a great hook and Matt could get his big, shiny teeth into it too.

The laugh off is up there in my funniest moments of the year along with the lad hitting himself with the chair off the top rope in Wargames.

• Paid Members

I've watched that Matt Hardy segment 4 times now, which rarely happens with Raw/Smackdown, these days.

I think my 2nd favourite bit (you ain't beating the laugh off) is Matt calling Bray "The Consumer of Terrestrial Entities". 2017 wrestling is rarely that brilliant.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

I've watched that Matt Hardy segment 4 times now, which rarely happens with Raw/Smackdown, these days.

Yes, likewise.

Pitching him against Wyatt is definitely the best use of Woken Matt Hardy, for now.

Effectively, they're pretty much the same gimmick - mentally unstable professional wrestler who believes themselves to be inhabited with the spirit of a higher being which gives them supernatural powers - but presented very differently, which is a lovely juxtaposition. 

• Paid Members

I think dAz summed it up nicely the other day, when he typed Bray Wyatt can be so po-faced and ridiculous that it's almost impossible not zone out. It's something Matt Hardy does absolutely perfectly and why a bit of lightness is such a refreshing addition to a Bray Wyatt feud.

Wyatts always been fine pitched against the top tier guys in my view. its when he's pitched against generally character-less midcarders like Balor, Rollins and Ambrose where it makes very little logical sense for him to be bothered. Guys like Cena you can get, he wants to bring down a figure head or in Bryan a fan favourite to assert dominance. He almost should be a special attraction character. Taker was able to plod through the mid 90's and go unnoticed for huge chunks but so much is expected of Wyatt that it seems every feud is under a microscope. As thats the case, either just have him be open about randomly fucking with people or just keep him quiet for a while and bring him out when needed.