The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Whilst I think they are a bit late to the party with Matt, I think the Bray partnership is both genius and terrible. It’s genius because it highlights all that’s great about the Broken Matt character (lighthearted, tongue in cheek, batshit...genuinely amusing at times) but terrible because it really highlights all that’s wrong with Bray’s act. Being such a Po-faced supernatural act is an absolute no-no for me, but it kind of gets covered by how miserable and po-faced everyone is these days. Sticking him with an act, that for all its flaws, shows how wrestling can be fun, makes it look awful. That switching back and forth didn’t help either. Every time it flipped back to Bray I just thought ‘oh for fuck sake, pack it in mate.’

Still not sure they’ll let Matt run with it completely. And he definitely needs to get a better backdrop than a cheap, un-ironed  bit of baby blue flannel. For now though, I laughed at ‘symposiums with Plato’ and ‘condeeeeshun’, so that’ll do..

It's probably better that they get a Bray feud out of the way, rather than have Matt beat some in a feud and then get dragged down into a feud with Bray. I was suprised by it much closer to what it was in TNA, I'm assuming that Matt is having some input into it. Also incredible how much more over one guy talking absolute bollocks is than the other guy who talks absolute bollocks. Assuming they don't try to have Bray go all Norman Bates again, it could be a lot of fun. Channeling their in Hud Hastings and Giant Reid at the end was the highlight though

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Be careful what you wish for.

Matt mustn’t have been watching the product much if he wanted to work with Bray. He’s a death sentence to any momentum your career might have. 

While true, he's always in there with serious acts who can't bounce off the Wyatt character at all without looking stupid. This being a comedy gimmick won't be harmed by the cheesy stuff. Especially if they let Matt direct it.

• Paid Members

I actually quite liked what bray did on this one. He  talked about how Matt is a dangerous lunatic and we need to stop listening to him. The idea that woken Matt is too mental for bray Wyatt is great.  

• Paid Members

I’ve no problem with this at all, as others have said, gets it out of the way and Matt is playing a comedy role, so it should fair better than previous Bray feuds.

Also (wishful thinking and fantasy as you like) but is there any chance that this could lead to the end of Brays gimmick as we know it? He’s stated that Matt’s a lunatic and people need to stop listening to him as Duke pointed out above.  Therefore recognising a greater power/force in Matt and feeling threatened. After what I hope will be a shortish feud with a victorious Matt, Bray could potentially question his own beliefs, realise he doesn’t have any followers, and go and get a job filling out tax rebates.

• Paid Members

With his promo skills and brown leather apron, they should make him Butcher Bray. Get him driving a meat van into the arena. "Anyone here like Sausages? Who wants eight pound of Sausages for a fiver? Hang on a minute. I'm gonna chuck in two packets of Bacon with your Sausages. I'm gonna chuck in this bag of pork loin and, just for today, I'm gonna whack in four Trotters for nowt. Whose gonna give me a tenner for this quality bag? Eight quid to the first hand up? There you go darling, have a lovely day. Luke, Erick, take the money. *sings* He's got the whole pig, in his hands..."

If his matches are shit, at least you're making a profit in the car park before the show.

• Paid Members

I’m not up to date with the news. What’s the deal with Matt using his Broken character? Have they cleared the legalities with TNA? Are they of the opinion that saying, “Woken,” rather than, “Broken,” is enough to stop TNA suing them? Or has TNA become such a joke that they simply don’t care anymore?