The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I assume they haven't confirmed any specifics on numbers at this stage? Can't see there being 30 in there unless they bump up some of the MYC or NXT talent? I suppose they could throw in a few surprises too, although aside from a Lita or Trish I don't know who would potentially use. 

Ronda Rousey debuting would certainly make it historic. 

• Paid Members

Then Steph comes in and throws Ronda out for the victory.

The post-Raw and social media clips are even worse than how they ended Raw. All the women that were fighting with each other suddenly hugging, crying and raising each other’s hands because of history~! Fuck off. When the UFC brought the women in and made them the main event they just did it and it was awesome. They didn’t spent the entire time congratulating themselves.

Ambrose injured. Could The Shield reunion have been more anticlimactic?

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

As in have her come in at number 30? Or in the post-match?

I suppose, in theory you could protect her from overexposure by having her come in and do some "MMA" type spots and chucking people over the top for a couple of minutes, and then you build to Rousey vs Charlotte at Mania. Still gives her plenty of time to train and to script/practice a match for Mania.  You can have Baszler second her to give her the rub too I suppose.

• Paid Members

Had a chat with my brother last night about how shit the women's stuff is. It is literally just about doing whatever "first" they can do with little thought to the rest of the time. the fact that they've needed to stack the roster for a Rumble and the way they've done it is to have two identical three-women groups debut on each show. Why stables in WWE have to be three people now is another question for another day. Should we all be surprised when they two three-women groups face off in the Rumble like some spontaneous moment?

We discussed Rousey too. The only thing that could get me interested in the utter drivel they put out on TV and NXT involving women.

• Paid Members

The real irony is that for all the talk about this being a huge revolution, I don’t think they’ve had a women’s match on the main roster that has been anything more than above average. The real great stuff has been on the NXT specials, where it was allowed to happen organically.

I assume the Bellas could return for the Rumble? They’ve also started talking about a Kharma return on their social media, so that wouldn’t surprise me either. 

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I don’t think they’ve had a women’s match on the main roster that has been anything more than above average.

I think that's harsh. Charlotte and Sasha Banks in fairness had some excellent matches during their feud last year and I'd say the women's triple threat was the best match at WrestleMania 32.

The Hell in a Cell match was a natural and justified 'first', as was the first women's main event on PPV. I think it was perfect timing and the hottest feud they had on the show, so it made sense for them to have that match type and to have it headline.

However Rick is right- the rest of the 'firsts' have come across as forced and getting them out there for the sake of it, rather than allowing a more natural pathway to them. I'm looking forward to the women's Rumble though, it's gotta be more interesting than the usual undercard dross, especially on a 4 hour show.

Biggest worry to me re the woman’s rumble is the bumps going over the top give many of them are much smaller. Will be an unusual bump from  a greater height. Only occurred to me after listening to lance storm discussing wwe dropping ropes height in general on killing the town given most are smaller even across the Male roster 

Edited by Louch

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

The Hell in a Cell match was a natural and justified 'first', as was the first women's main event on PPV. I think it was perfect timing and the hottest feud they had on the show, so it made sense for them to have that match type and to have it headline.

Even then, a lot of the build to it was around the sort of self-aggrandising "look how progressive we are, #womensrevolution" stuff that Stephanie has been doing for years. You had Sasha and Charlotte doing promos about what an honour it was to work the first women's Hell in a Cell match, and Mick Foley talking about what a huge deal it is for them, whereas for men's Cell matches Foley's always talking about how dangerous and life-altering the match is, and how you're never the same coming out as you were when you went in and so on. The focus was very much on "look at us, we're doing this", to the point it actually took away heat from a feud that warranted that match in the first place.

In NXT, it never felt like the women's match headlining was a conscious effort to be progressive and all that, it felt like a natural main event because it was the biggest and best match on the show. The same could have been true of the Women's Hell in a Cell, but that they feel the need to hammer home what a big deal it is makes it seem like they don't actually have any confidence in the match to main event on its own merits.

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Ambrose injured. Could The Shield reunion have been more anticlimactic?

Probably not, although if he fucks off for a bit and then they just separate Reigns and Rollins quietly going into Mania, then at least they can possibly have them do stuff on and off for a while. I was't looking forward to a proposed Ambrose heel turn if it meant him feuding with Rollins all of next year