The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

From ProWrestling.Net, a fan who stayed after the show:

After the show, Braun Strowman walked out and Rock’s music hit (he also appeared prior to the show). This time he headed down to the ring. He’s in promo mode now. The crowd is really excited to see him.

He told us what the “Fighting With My Family” movie is all about. The camera crews were setting up and there were directors and assistants giving orders around him. He said they were going to recreate Paige’s WWE debut and title win against AJ Lee. This started a ‘CM Punk’ chant and it got loud. Rock was like, you know what, I’m going to call Punk right now! The place went nuts. He dialed, and got it on speaker. It went to voicemail

Rock left a message. ‘Hey, I’m here in LA at Staples with about 15,000 people and they want to say hi’ or something like that. A MASSIVE CM Punk chant started. This was really fun.

So the cameras were ready and Rock basically took the role of directing the crowd to make reactions. Big cheer, small cheer, boos, etc.

One thing to note is that when the Rock was asking us to boo, several times he mentioned to boo like you’re ‘booing Roman Reigns’. He took digs at his cousin!

Then Rock looked at his phone and says, oh, Punk called me back! He tried to get him on Facetime but it didn’t go through.

Just a couple minutes later, I noticed a WWE referee run up to the apron. He gave the ‘kill sign’ across the neck. Rock smiled but then didn’t mention Punk again. Hmm…

• Paid Members

As dumb as chanting for Punk in 2017 is, I like that Rock doesn't give a fuck about, "heat," or whatever and had no problem reacting like a human being to the chants. You can imagine everyone backstage losing their minds during that.

• Paid Members

Punks lawyer will love that. Could easily be twisted to harassment call from a WWE talent

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/833905165145145344

That's a fairly positive response, in fairness, so I can't imagine he'll be making a big deal out of the situation. Also, despite being seemingly done with the wrestling industry he clearly has a fairly large ego so I'm sure he enjoys a whole arena chanting his name regardless of the circumstances. 

I don't see how it's harassment though and going off Punk's reaction on Twitter he probably wouldn't go along with it. Rock just genuinely doesn't give a fuck and it's a great way of getting the crowd on side so they don't try and shit allover filming the scene with numpty chants.

• Awards Moderator

I can't remember a more missable sure during WM season since ... last year.

Seriously, watched it this morning, can't remember a thing about it.

Aw c'mon, I know he's not cool at the moment but Owens promo in the dark deserves recognition. And Brock making Cole fill his pants? ...and then for some reason looking down the camera as if he's Fleabag.

• Paid Members

I can't remember a more missable sure during WM season since ... last year.

Seriously, watched it this morning, can't remember a thing about it.

Aw c'mon, I know he's not cool at the moment but Owens promo in the dark deserves recognition. And Brock making Cole fill his pants? ...and then for some reason looking down the camera as if he's Fleabag.

I couldn't tell you what he said, the boring cunt.

Brock staring the camera down was good. That was another dull promo though. Same old shit.

Good show last week, this one was bollocks.

Just read a couple of reviews and was surprised to see no follow up to the Emmalina thing from last week.

I wasn't sure if the rumours of it all being scrapped because she couldn't pull off what they had in mind for the role were accurate and was hoping this week would shed some light on it.

No appearance and not even a mention of here this week is making me think the rumours might have been true after all.