The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Is Double J the only star of the past that has actually made his name bigger through TNA? I don't mean as in cases like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe, I mean as in stars that were in WCW/WWF/ECW.

Edited by Nick James

Christian did.

No he didn't. That's absurd. He even said that he was tired of people asking him why he retired when he was wrestling for TNA. He may have been champion and booked in a better position, but he was certainly less of a star. TNA didn't/doesn't matter and had 1/4 of the audience Raw had and an even lower percentage that were willing to spend money on their "stars".

• Paid Members

Vince hates Jeff Jarrett and made it clear when he bought WCW. But the expansion of The Club would be interesting.

Jarrett's a carny but he did say in an interview that Vince was one of the first people to phone him after his wife passed away. Vince might have been pissed that Jarrett jumped to WCW but I don't think it's Randy Savage level hatred.

Besides Jarrett did fuck all wrong really.

Raven? He was a main eventer for years, getting shows over here a lot and in the public eye for a number of years through TNA. Really built him up after his WWE run.

That was because WWE really diminished his value after his WCW and ECW runs though. Main Eventer or not, there's no way that he was a bigger star in TNA than when he was mixing it up with Goldberg, DDP, Benoit, etc in WCW. Edited by unfitfinlay

Vince hates a lot of people but he works it out if he thinks he can make money.

AJ & Gallows & Anderson aren't big talkers but Jeff can talk well and they maybe use it as a way of bringing in former TNA guys, Roode, Aries Joe etc. They would probably build to a match with Triple H with Stephanie Vs Jarrett with Karen Jarrett

That sounds like the ultimate wrestling bad acid trip of 2003.

Jeff won't make them money. Nobody is going to start watching who isn't already watching because J-A-Double-Ha Ha has showed up. And they certainly wouldn't shove all the TNA guys together to even remotely hint at the idea that TNA was at any point anything more than the most nugatory quark floating around wrestlespace.

Almost nothing makes money in wrestling anymore ...

Fine but...

Vince hates a lot of people but he works it out if he thinks he can make money.

Hence the confusion.

And look, I'll be on Team Jarrett, man. No way I'm against him coming back, it'd be a hoot, but I wouldn't be able to bring myself to argue that a top line program with Triple H would be a flash creative idea. It just smacks of horrendous out-of-ideasness and 2003 horror show intrigue.

I'd love to see it. But it's crap. It'd be a really dumb thing for WWE to do. If my contradictory mess of a point makes any sense.

Vince hates Jeff Jarrett and made it clear when he bought WCW. But the expansion of The Club would be interesting.

Jarrett's a carny but he did say in an interview that Vince was one of the first people to phone him after his wife passed away. Vince might have been pissed that Jarrett jumped to WCW but I don't think it's Randy Savage level hatred.

Besides Jarrett did fuck all wrong really.

Raven? He was a main eventer for years, getting shows over here a lot and in the public eye for a number of years through TNA. Really built him up after his WWE run.

That was because WWE really diminished his value after his WCW and ECW runs though. Main Eventer or not, there's no way that he was a bigger star in TNA than when he was mixing it up with Goldberg, DDP, Benoit, etc in WCW.

Apart from Jeff stitching Vince up for a reported £100K to drop the IC belt to Chyna as he was out of contract before he left

• Awards Moderator

Money he was owed iirc?

Not quite. His contract ran out the day of the PPV, and he still held the title. Had Vince over a barrel. I seem to recall in Chyna's book she saw him walking around backstage before the event grinning.

• Paid Members

Money he was owed iirc?

Not quite. His contract ran out the day of the PPV, and he still held the title. Had Vince over a barrel. I seem to recall in Chyna's book she saw him walking around backstage before the event grinning.

He had Vince over a barrel but I'm pretty sure he was only demanding money he'd be getting anyway. He just asked for it upfront.