DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Loki said:

So was High Rise according to many people not named Devon Malcolm.  Incredible as it may seem, people have different tastes in film, some of them might not align with yours, and yet amazingly they are still valid  :)

What are you on about?

• Paid Members

I enjoyed Men in Black: International and I wasn't expecting to as F. Gary Gray is a pretty shit director. Needed more action and Emma Thompson but it was a good laugh and a bit of a surprise considering who made it.

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I enjoyed Men in Black: International and I wasn't expecting to as F. Gary Gray is a pretty shit director. Needed more action and Emma Thompson but it was a good laugh and a bit of a surprise considering who made it.

Prett much everyone else is saying it's dull shit so you have piqued my interest. Probably won't see it until it hits streaming mind you.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, DEF said:

Prett much everyone else is saying it's dull shit so you have piqued my interest. Probably won't see it until it hits streaming mind you.

As usual Devon is wrong. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch
I’m drunk right now so I’m sure I’ll get put in my place soon enough. But I maintain it’s awfully bland

• Awards Moderator

Watched the Maradona film earlier. It’s really good. But I was a bit baffled as to why they skipped his stint at Barcelona (it was referenced, vaguely) and then his post-‘92 career, after the drugs ban.

Really well put together and there are some mental moments, but wasn’t quite enough to give it the five stars I was expecting.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

As usual Devon is wrong. 

To be honest I'm expecting it to be crap and Devon and I have very different taste but I like to give everything a fair shake.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, DEF said:

To be honest I'm expecting it to be crap and Devon and I have very different taste but I like to give everything a fair shake.

And you should., I have a friend that liked it and I always think you should make your own decision. I just thought it was crap

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Well at least you're blaming it on the grog for a change, rather than your kid.

I’ll just call you a cunt for cunts sake. Let you and your clique have your fun. Because everyone had to let Devon be the main man. Because bullying is cool kids. I honestly wish the mute feature would just stop me seeing all your hilarious post to be honest. And If thats what you get for being a paid member I’ll pay it. Sick of your shit. And I’m sobering up now. Don’t ever mention my kid again

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

30 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Let you and your clique have your fun

Which clique is this?

Blood Father - Mel Gibson being a grizzled old badass in an easy to watch No Country For Taken Men.  As I get older and older, I like to see old tough guy movies from the US, we only seem to get straight to DVD shite starring Craig Fairbrass and the like.  I'd much rather there was a UK grizzled vet film with Richard Fairbrass to be honest.

The Drop

James Gandolfini was a treasure and is not spoken about highly enough. He didn’t even have a lot to do and he took over the screen every time he was on it.

Also, I don’t really like Tom Hardy that much, but thought he was great in this. I love that it seemed as if the Giants AND the Jets got to the Super Bowl.

The Pledge

Really enjoyed this, but was somewhat let down by the ending. Nicholson’s always good though isn’t he?

Bit of a depressing batch today 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

honestly wish the mute feature would just stop me seeing all your hilarious post to be honest. And If thats what you get for being a paid member I’ll pay it. Sick of your shit. And I’m sobering up now.

Is that not what the ignore feature already does? I haven't used it so I'm not sure, but regardless it's not a paido privilege.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’ll just call you a cunt for cunts sake. Let you and your clique have your fun. Because everyone had to let Devon be the main man. Because bullying is cool kids. I honestly wish the mute feature would just stop me seeing all your hilarious post to be honest. And If thats what you get for being a paid member I’ll pay it. Sick of your shit. And I’m sobering up now. Don’t ever mention my kid again

Image result for don't mention me or my son ever again

It's always the same with you. We hadn't crossed paths for months. Then you have a pop. So I have one back. Then you get the screaming ab-dabs about cliques and bullying. Why don't you give it a rest?

7 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Blood Father - Mel Gibson being a grizzled old badass in an easy to watch No Country For Taken Men.  As I get older and older, I like to see old tough guy movies from the US, we only seem to get straight to DVD shite starring Craig Fairbrass and the like.  I'd much rather there was a UK grizzled vet film with Richard Fairbrass to be honest.

I loved this film. A real shame it got no attention on release, mostly through Gibson's fault, but it was great. The director hasn't done anything else nearly as good (watched both Mesrine films last week, for instance, and they weren't as good) but this really deserves a lot more praise.

7 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The Drop

James Gandolfini was a treasure and is not spoken about highly enough. He didn’t even have a lot to do and he took over the screen every time he was on it.

Also, I don’t really like Tom Hardy that much, but thought he was great in this. I love that it seemed as if the Giants AND the Jets got to the Super Bowl.

The Pledge

Really enjoyed this, but was somewhat let down by the ending. Nicholson’s always good though isn’t he?

Bit of a depressing batch today 

I didn't really like The Drop despote everyone else doing so. Loved The Pledge though despite the super-depressing ending. Been ages since I've seen it though.