DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Thanks boss. I just downloaded that for tonight's viewing. Never even heard of it, so I'm looking forward to this. 

She's asleep on the sofa here after rinsing a bottle of 120 Cab Sav, so it's my time to watch something that doesn't involve Adam Barlow's eyebrows and lips working in tandem, or a 60 minute show based around fixing a gusset onto the poxy arse of a wedding dress, while the bride cries into a Bombay Sapphire and a bowl of chicken wings because she didn't lose enough weight.

Get Shorty

Another that I can’t remember if I’ve seen, but I bloody loved it. So much fun. And an incredible cast (Young Gandolfini!). Although a thought entered my head all the way through and that is, that John Travolta is a really unattractive man isn’t he? Fascinating face and a lot of charm, but he’s an ugly fucker for a leading man.

Just got back from Toy Story 4.

So many great new characters. Forky is clearly the highlight.

I laughed out loud many times, and cried in equal measure. I’m not afraid to admit the latter.

Just another outstanding masterpiece by Pixar.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mat said:

Just got back from Toy Story 4.

So many great new characters. Forky is clearly the highlight.

I laughed out loud many times, and cried in equal measure. I’m not afraid to admit the latter.

Just another outstanding masterpiece by Pixar.

Toy Story 3 was a far more emotional experience for me. But I still cried at this. Ducky, Bunny and Duke were all wonderful but forky, who looked so shit in the trailers is the MVP. All hail Tony Hale

• Paid Members

Watched the first three Toy Stories this week and the code is a Ted Rogers-riffic 321. Will update this later after I've seen the fourth one but it's a real shame Lee Unkrich hasn't done this. Loved what he did with 3 and Coco.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Watched the first three Toy Stories this week and the code is a Ted Rogers-riffic 321. Will update this later after I've seen the fourth one but it's a real shame Lee Unkrich hasn't done this. Loved what he did with 3 and Coco.

Josh Cooley has done a good job. It’s within the same mould. He directed Riley’s first date, the Inside Out short which was fantastic 

He wrote the screenplay for Inside Out too and has worked as far back as the first Incredibles film, he knows the Pixar system as much as anybody.

I was skeptical when Toy Story 4 was announced because I thought 3 was the perfect send-off, but I’m actually looking forward to it now.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Awards Moderator
6 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Unkrich was involved in the story. 

Saw it last night. Just terrific. Took my 19 year old son as he grew up with the franchise and he was in pieces by the end. 

220px-Nightofthedemonposter.jpg

A classic british horror movie. Full of atmosphere and charm that keeps you glued to the screen throughout. It has a superb balance of light and shadows and it's all shot so well for something that's low bugdet in nature. Just a tremendously captivating film.