DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

See who the director was? Walter hill of "the warriors"... Its a decent film bullet to the head got held back almost 2 years after it was made though for some reason.

I totally forget he directed it, I love The Warriors.
Me too it's a amazing film not sure what the best part of the warriors is whether its that bit near the beach when the guy starts singing or when the lads are in the room with the girls thinking theyve scored and bam! They're getting shot at.. Everything about that film is boss.

Hudson Hawk - A joy to watch ever since I was 12 years old and never loses it's appeal.I'm singing 'Swinging On A Star' all morning in work much to the bemusement and annoyance of the coworker who sits beside me.

Fantastic stuff! I love Hudson Hawk have done since it came out, there is something about it that is immediately endearing about it.Watched The Great Gatsby the other night, it's beautiful to look at but the second half really fizzles out, old sport. Shame.

• Paid Members

Jaden Smith is the most unlikeable little cunt to be in a movie in quite a while. Hope he fucks off for good after this flop.

i'll be honest, i probably would have passed too if i'd known that before i went in. There seems to be a universal hate for Smith recently though, in work and amongst my mates everyone hates the little fucker. Is it all based on that Graham Norton performance?

• Paid Members

My hatred is based on many years of hating his dad

If you continue this shit then I'm going to go and see the new Superman film just so I can come on this forum and PM you spoilers.Summertime and Bad Boys alone make his existence worthwhile. What have you done? :angry:

• Paid Members

I probably should be upset with Will Smith rather than Jaden, but Will Smith is Will Smith ( :love: ) and Jaden is a right little dickhead with not even the tinest shred of his dad's charisma, so I'm afraid my hands are tied.

• Moderators

Will Smith's fucking nuts. Tom Cruise nuts. Give it a year, and a few more interviews where the real him (and his Scientology beliefs) slips through the overly-PRed Nice Guy Will sideshow, and he'll be as big a joke as Cruise.

http://gawker.com/will-and-jaden-smith-giv...-abou-510087159

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

There's already tons of interviews of Will Smith talking in depth about his beliefs and the 'Law of Attraction', the universe and other such things for years. Never got the impression he was 'nuts' from that though, quite the opposite.

Edited by ShortOrderCook

Add me to the anti-Smith brigade. I thought 'The Pursuit of Happiness' was a hideous film, poor acting, every film cliche to get you to care about the characters and you still didn't by the end, just synonymous with everything bad about mainstream movie making.That 'Whip My Hair' song was annoying as fuck too.

• Paid Members

Man of Steel - Good stuff, and although a bit flat at points (sorry, Stevey Jobs), at other times it's sheer goosebump inducing.

It's very serious and somewhat dark in tone, but that's to be expected given all involved in the creative process.

I was never a fan of Superman - even as a kid I was more into Dredd, Daredevil, Punisher, Hellblazer and Hotshot Hamish - but I am a fan now. It's easily my favourite Superman flick thus far, and even made me geek out a wee bit with it's few sly nods

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Wayne Enterprises

[close spoiler]

");document.close();.

My mate Rachel is a huge Superman fan and she was practically sliding off her seat watching it all unfold before her, so she was made up as a lifelong fan.

• Paid Members

I hate Jimmy Fallon, but his Neil Young version of Whip My Hair almost makes it seem decent.I'm glad I'm not the only fella that dislikes Jaden Smith. He does that Justin Bieber narrowing of the eyes / raised eyebrow thing too, which instantly makes you a resident at Knob Towers. Girls seem to like him, though.

Will Smith's fucking nuts. Tom Cruise nuts. Give it a year, and a few more interviews where the real him (and his Scientology beliefs) slips through the overly-PRed Nice Guy Will sideshow, and he'll be as big a joke as Cruise.http://gawker.com/will-and-jaden-smith-giv...-abou-510087159

Ooh, interesting.I can't help but notice Cruise is still really, really rich and successful though, even with the revelations.