DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Moderators

Jarratt's in Rogue too.

55093-29061.jpg

While we're on the subject of Ozsploitation, I must recommend this brilliant documentary about it, Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!: (edit, oh just Google it. Links with exclamation marks on the end don't work)

When I realised just how much 60s, 70s and 80s exploitation and horror was up on Youtube, I knew I'd never be productive again.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
Another great Aussie low budgeter I saw recently was called Long Weekend. This film was genuinely fantastic. It's one of those that you are best off not knowing anything about - it's sort of an ecological mystery-thriller type thing. They remade it a few years ago with Jim Caviezel and it was shit. One of the most unexpectedly great films I've seen this year. Absolutely everyone should watch it and you know what I'm like when I start going on about a film that you should watch. It's on YouTube:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDfEfxL4JdQ

Didn't really love Long Weekend - thought it had aged horribly. Ever see Wake in Fright?

Edited by Tuxedomoon

• Paid Members

I've not but I've got it bookmarked, heard great things about it. I do love some Ozploitation but I need to see Not Quite Hollywood as well.

• Paid Members

Dog Day Afternoon, was a good film with a great performance from Pacino, i'm not the biggest fan of those that take place over such short periods of time but it was well paced and was good for what it was with good acting and a tight script. I'd heard about it over the year's but didn't know how it would end, can't say I was surprised though as it was inevitable. Nice to see John Cazale in one of his few performances, even if he didn't have much to do he definitely gave off the vibe of being totally crazy. Reminded me of Tarantino in From Dusk Til Dawn.