DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

You thorough and total bastard. I'd set my heart on avoiding this like the plague on the grounds that it has the infamous line... "He's the BEST..." in the trailer only for them to reveal Gerard Butler which was a massive let down at the time.

That said, your review has set my ghoulies tingling, that's that and Dredd I need to get a hold of based on UKFF reviews.

• Paid Members

Seriously sir, don't mind the trailers. It's absolutely vicious at points. The amount of close up head shots are ridiculous. I'm surprised they let that slide, given the studios' penchant for fucking up a potentially cracking actioner.

Dredd, you must watch, Matrix. I implore you! Do eeet...do eeet noooooowww!

I'm entirely in for Olympus now, based on that review. So scarce are decent action movies that I'm reduced to fast forwarding through recent Segal movies just to watch the good bits.

Olympus was bloody excellent! Caught it at the pictures because naff all else was out at the time and I've always had a soft spot for watching Butler kill people. Doesn't take too long to get going and it's absolutely brutal at some points, loved it.

• Paid Members

You lot! I'm gonna have to buy this now. I was the same with Face Off, as much as i knew i was going to love that movie on premise alone, i never watched it because i didnt buy Cage or Travolta, and naturally when eventually forced to when round a mates who put it on, i loved it.

• Paid Members

Nah. Not at the time. I think i've said before though, during that era i'd kinda moved on from the steroids and synth to more martial arts oriented action, so a balding fella and the cunt off grease werent top of my "got to see those guys throwdown!" list.

For me, ignorance is usually bliss, but even i'm fallable on occassion.

• Paid Members

I didn't really care for Face/Off. It's probably the weakest John Woo film I've seen. Much preferred Broken Arrow and Hard Target. Both Travolta and Cage are shit and stupid in it.

• Paid Members

It dosent hold a candle to Hard Target, or stuff like Bullet in the Head, and they undid a lot of hard work with the cop out "We've got the best surgeons in the land on standby, they'll make sure your face is perfectly fine" line at the end.

Travolta is a bit shit, but I'm partial to some crazy Cage, and there's a lot of it in there. Plus the bit where he smokes a fag whilst missing a face is pretty cool.

I watched Django Unchained last night and was very, very impressed. I've got a new found respect for both Foxx and Waltz who were both incredible throughout the whole film. Tarrantino once again brings out another blockbuster here which is up there with some of his best work. Really enjoyed this one and I hope others on here did.

• Paid Members

Down Terrace is fucking awful. Every bit as shit as Kill List. I never want to see another Ben Wheatley film ever again. He can fuck right off.