Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I watched the first hour of Impact on Friday night, which opened with a match involving Tenille Dashwood and Keira Hogan. To be fair the Mexican crowd popped for most of the Mexican wrestlers but not so much for the others.

As a result, you could honestly hear a pin drop for parts of the opening match, which was about as awkward as you could imagine.

I'm really hoping the new TV deal will represent a budget increase and the ability to perform in front of half decent crowds. As much as we complained about the Impact Zone, it was never silent and the 1,200 in attendance could sound very loud at times.

I don't expect 10,000 crowds but just find general studio wrestling and tiny crowds, to the extent that you can hear individual voices, to be a massive turn-off to my enjoyment of any show.

Edited by garynysmon
Posted

The Mexico tapings are always awful. I assume they are getting paid well to go there because there is no other reason to persist. Everywhere else is noisy these days. I think they've re-established a decent hard core fanbase now. The Dallas crowd for Slammiversary was raucous as is any time they are in New York or Toronto.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

In news that will surprise no-one, Impact will be broadcast in the USA on Tuesday nights at 8pm.

Judging by the nature of the industry these days and how into their wrestling the current general fanbase seems to be, pretty sensible move in my view to fill a night that doesn't currently show any wrestling.

Think that leaves only Thursday and non-PPV Sundays with no wrestling on TV, seeing that MLW are on Saturday nights.

https://t.co/zjxMUmpAGV?amp=1

Edited by garynysmon
Posted

I actually really enjoy this show most weeks and fast forward through way less of it than RAW/Smackdown. Maybe this post should be in the unpopular wrestling opinions thread.

Posted

This is true. Like most shows, it has its off weeks, but by and large, Impact has been an enjoyable watch.

I previously called Impact the ‘boy who cried wolf’ of wrestling. They finally get their house in order (both on and off screen) but no-one really bothers with them anymore.

While I’m pleased their immediate future is a little more secure, I know it’ll take a lot more than a bigger platform to receive goodwill. And things like the Killer Kross situation won’t help in shaking off their own automatic heel status within the business.

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
31 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Fair play, they've sold over 3,000 tickets for Bound for Glory in Chicago this Sunday.

It's Chicago though. That'll just be 3000 people turning up to see if Punk is there.

Posted

I caught a bit of Impact on tv this week, must be the first time I've watched since, ooh, AJ Styles left.  A big fat Samoan fella fighting against some huge gassed up dude in front of about 20 people.  The commentary was pretty poor and the production looked cheap.

It was a bit sad to see, for someone who was such a genuine TNA fan back in the day.  I'm impressed they still exist, but there's not a trace of the product that I recognised.  Even Tenay seems to have gone!

  • Paid Members
Posted

So apparently the camera crew didn't show up for tonight's Impact show on Twitch, so they streamed it using Josh Matthews' phone.

Until this happened:

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...