Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

I know with WWE, AEW, NXT, ROH and NJPW there is not a lot left not under contract. But fucking hell. AND a hype vid. Does anyone actually care about Johnny Swinger in 2018?

Posted

Don't get me wrong I liked swingers ecw/early tna and he's crappy wwe run... But there tons of guys that should get a spot before him... What is it about wrestling that they all ways looking to the past and not really looking to the future and looking for guys you can build the company around

Posted
12 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I know with WWE, AEW, NXT, ROH and NJPW there is not a lot left not under contract. But fucking hell. AND a hype vid. Does anyone actually care about Johnny Swinger in 2018?

I'm not sure, but in 2019 most people probably don't. ;):) 

  • Paid Members
Posted

To be fair, very few who didn't watch WOS or wCw really gave a fuck about Finlay when he was being built up for his WWE run, aside from the morbid curiosity as to what he could offer at that stage, and he ended up having a decent, solid run indeed. From what I can see from a quick Google, Swinger's still in excellent shape, and has always looked like he belongs time-locked in the 80s, so the gimmick they're pushing should work for him.

Think this is a case of "wait and see". He's not going to set the wrestling world alight in 2019, nor reverse TNA's fortunes, but it might be fun. At least it's not Simon Diamond.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

At least it's not Simon Diamond.

I enjoyed his Simon diamond run in ecw/tna and his pat Kenny empire Saint run in tna 

Edited by kidzero
Posted

Swinger was one of my favorite heel jobbers in WCW. Block the sunset flip+gyrate hips+ get rolled up anyway+repeat ?.

Diamond and swinger where excellent in ECW...he went from swinging his hips to wanting to swing with Simon's wife, and creeping him out by telling him so.

In 2019....pfffffffIdon't give a fuck. I'm old. If he can still work and hasn't cut his hair, I'm watching that shit.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Whistling Skull said:

Diamond and swinger where excellent in ECW...he went from swinging his hips to wanting to swing with Simon's wife, and creeping him out by telling him so.

Simon Diamond was a guilty pleasure for myself, a 14 year old ECW fan. He had this sidekick called Dick Hertz, who towered over Simon, and he played the Diesel to Simom's HBK.

There was a particularity immature promo from November To Remember '99, where Simon grabbed the mic and began to point at Dick whilst saying stuff like, "Look how big my Dick is! Look! My Dick is Massive!". At this point Dick would begin doing muscle poses.

"Look at my Dick! My Dick is huge! My Dick is vascular!". It was genius...at least for a 14 year old ECW fan.

So yeah, fuck off Swinger! More Simon Diamond! I'm sure that material has aged wonderfully!

Posted
4 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

They’ve just brought in a 55 year old Ken Shamrock to wrestle in a big singles feud for the next PPV.

TNA! TNA! TNA!

Yeah but Ken was there 1st champion be it nwa champ but still I can see him going into there shitty Hall of fame

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...