Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

@FUM Yeah, @Statto kinda posted that, in the post before yours, and 8 hours ago.

So are we assuming the camera crew didn’t turn up because they weren’t paid? Because, y’know, TNA.

Edited by Your Fight Site
Posted
On 10/18/2019 at 2:29 PM, garynysmon said:

Fair play, they've sold over 3,000 tickets for Bound for Glory in Chicago this Sunday.

Fair play, that enough of a 'looks like a proper wrestling show' crowd to get me to tune in and watch it. I know that's awful, because the size of the crowd doesn't necessarily dictate quality, but I always loved those handful of shows TNA would do a year where they'd at least look close to proper arenas/some low level In Your House crowd. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Fair play, that enough of a 'looks like a proper wrestling show' crowd to get me to tune in and watch it. I know that's awful, because the size of the crowd doesn't necessarily dictate quality, but I always loved those handful of shows TNA would do a year where they'd at least look close to proper arenas/some low level In Your House crowd. 

I'm exactly the same tbh.

1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said:

@FUM Yeah, @Statto kinda posted that, in the post before yours, and 8 hours ago.

So are we assuming the camera crew didn’t turn up because they weren’t paid? Because, y’know, TNA.

Quite an assumption. I don't recall any high-profile payroll issues since Anthem took over.

  • Paid Members
Posted
13 hours ago, Loki said:

I caught a bit of Impact on tv this week, must be the first time I've watched since, ooh, AJ Styles left.  A big fat Samoan fella fighting against some huge gassed up dude in front of about 20 people.  The commentary was pretty poor and the production looked cheap.

It was a bit sad to see, for someone who was such a genuine TNA fan back in the day.  I'm impressed they still exist, but there's not a trace of the product that I recognised.  Even Tenay seems to have gone!

I think there must be something seriously lacking in their production tbh. Like yourself I watched that opening match and it sounded like there was absoloutely no-one there.

But then later on in the show there was some action surrounding the ring and it was clear there must have been at least 4-500 or so in the crowd.

I don't get how it can come across so badly on TV tbh. In days gone by TNA were great at masking dodgy attendances by filming one side of the arena and the Impact Zone was pretty rowdy for a venue that only held 1,200. But now the TV is making it look/sound even worse than it actually is.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

They announced at that show that they are doing a one night only show under their old TNA name during Mania weekend

 

Who is still around to do a reunion show?

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

 

Who is still around to do a reunion show?

 

Most are under WWE/AEW/ROH/NWA contract.

I can maybe see AEW aquiescing given how well Callis/D'amore get on with top brass, but no chance the rest. 

Posted

My classic TNA reunion wishlist would be

AJ Styles v Samoa Joe v Christopher Daniels

Beer Money v 3-D v Steiners

Abyss v Sting 

Jeff Jarrett  v Kurt Angle 

Motor City Machine Guns v Nash/Senshi

Kim v Kong

Gimmick Battle Royal

 

 

 

Posted
5 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I think there must be something seriously lacking in their production tbh. Like yourself I watched that opening match and it sounded like there was absoloutely no-one there.

But then later on in the show there was some action surrounding the ring and it was clear there must have been at least 4-500 or so in the crowd.

I don't get how it can come across so badly on TV tbh. In days gone by TNA were great at masking dodgy attendances by filming one side of the arena and the Impact Zone was pretty rowdy for a venue that only held 1,200. But now the TV is making it look/sound even worse than it actually is.

As much as a die hard tna fan as I've always been I have to totally agree with this a lot of people are saying it's the best story telling for years etc but I seriously cant watch it these dingy souless broom cupboards they film in there's absolutely no atmosphere and the prediction is worse then you expect to see at low rent Indies 

I'm delighted they are in a decent venue tonight and will be watching here's hoping with the new schedule where they are only doing two tapings per building and the move to axs that they will be a better produced show in more suitable buildings 

Posted

Onto the return of TNA for Ono here's hoping it's the start of fazing the letters back in interesting that the young bucks are the first to reply about it on twitter they didn't exactly enjoy there own run in the company 

I would imagine the nwa guys would be easily sorted out for the night so fingers crossed we get a AMW reunion for the night Harris is at most IW events these days anyway 

Plenty of alumni in AEW and if the bucks are doing it then other talent will surely be able to it is a shame though that the likes of AJ, sting, Joe, Jarrett and Kurt will almost certainly not be able to participate 

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, wrestleuk said:

I would imagine the nwa guys would be easily sorted out for the night so fingers crossed we get a AMW reunion for the night Harris is at most IW events these days anyway.

No chance. Billy Corgan specifically said he'd work with any promotion with the exception of Impact. Apparently he's not happy with how they signed Willie Mack from under their noses.

A quick list from the top of my head on some of the name who'd realistically be possible:

- Raven

- Chris Harris

- Shark Boy

- Petey Williams

- Traci Brooks

- Chris Daneis and Kaz?

- Low Ki?

- Scott Steiner

- Awesome Kong?

- The old LAX

- Matt Morgan

- Doug Williams

- Mr Anderson?

- The Pope

- Crimson

- Chavo Guerrero

- MVP

- Miss Tessmacher

- Davey Richards

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...