Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
34 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

It was a dark match at Bound For Glory wasn’t it? 

Yeah but it was taped for tonight's show (first one on AXS TV).

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 10/21/2019 at 11:42 PM, tiger_rick said:

Impact's next PPV is called "Hard to kill". They're not fucking wrong. 

...already in training for the special guest enforcer role...

aF1Kajh.gif?noredirect

Posted
On 10/21/2019 at 1:52 PM, tiger_rick said:

I've never seen a Joey Ryan match since his appearance on that TNA version of Tough Enough. Winning.

Was there ever a conclusion on whether that Gut Check was a shoot or not? I can remember watching it at the time but it was never clear to me if the guys were really being assessed or if it was a work. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Was there ever a conclusion on whether that Gut Check was a shoot or not? I can remember watching it at the time but it was never clear to me if the guys were really being assessed or if it was a work. 

The way they worked it into a feud with Taz, I'm fairly certain it was a work.

Gut Check was typically TNA - middling idea on paper, piss-poor execution. They had this format via which rookies would face each other, then the one who won would be assessed by the judges on his promos and interview - they had one week when Adam Pierce won his match, but they turned him down because he'd won via cheating, and therefore didn't carry himself like a wrestler they'd want in TNA. Such a load of bollocks, they didn't seem to know whether they were working or shooting, so they were doing both at the same time. But it didn't even make sense with Pierce: he had an OK match, and cut a pretty damn good promo (a bit East Coast Steve Austin, but it was still good).

I don't think Adam Pierce was the Next Big Thing or anything, but I do think he's been a missed opportunity by a lot of promotions. He had a pretty good old-school style heel character, cut really good promos, and wasn't too shabby in the ring. I find it odd that TNA didn't pick him up, and now he's retired and agenting for WWE.

  • Paid Members
Posted

The assessment of the guys on Gut Check was supposed to be a work - but week 1 Flair went off piste and said yes to that Alex Silva bloke when he was scripted to say no, so they ended up having to sign him.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Statto said:

The assessment of the guys on Gut Check was supposed to be a work - but week 1 Flair went off piste and said yes to that Alex Silva bloke when he was scripted to say no, so they ended up having to sign him.

Ah! I wondered why we almost never saw him again after that. He just disappeared, and I think he was seen once on Impact after that. Don't know if he was showing up on Xplosion.

Posted

Impact will now air Wednesday nights as a first run in the UK on fight network 9pm

It will continue to air on Friday nights on 5star and be available on demand5 and impact plus from Saturday 

 

Great move imo gives people the change to see it quickly and still available on freeview and on demand 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Impact and AEW on Sky series link and NWA on Youtube. I refuse to watch more than 5 hours of wrestling a week.....

Until Flair and Hogan show up in Saudi and I'll be wrecking that self imposed limit.

  • Moderators
Posted
9 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Impact and AEW on Sky series link and NWA on Youtube. I refuse to watch more than 5 hours of wrestling a week.....

Until Flair and Hogan show up in Saudi and I'll be wrecking that self imposed limit.

 

7 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Yeah, I don't like to watch more than AEW, NWA, Raw highlights and 87 hours of anything from 1991.

GarYnysMon has New Midnight Express matches off Shotgun Challenge on his YouTube. You support Hull Rick. 

 

I know which side I'm on. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

GarYnysMon has New Midnight Express matches off Shotgun Challenge on his YouTube. You support Hull Rick.

Do you think you'll go into National League North or South? Or do a Colwyn Bay?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...