Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Its hard to imagine they can be making much at all from the Twitch agreement, ditto the UK and Indian TV deals. Maybe a few million at most? Certainly not anywhere near enough to cover their outgoings anyway. 

I’ve always had a soft spot for the company and watch it more that anything else these days.

But the mad Impact fans online have a knack of putting a positive spin on everything which just sounds a bit desperate tbh.

As I’ve said before, it seems that Anthem’s efforts to restructure have come a year, maybe two, too late.

Edited by garynysmon
Posted

If this is the end after all then its come at a bad time as Impact! have been putting out a solid product for well over a year now, certainly better than the drivel that's on Raw each week anyway.

Though if it does go down does that mean D'Amore and Callis will be free to go elsewhere? (AEW please God)

  • Paid Members
Posted
24 minutes ago, TheToeSucker said:

I remember when TNA was dead in....2010

2011

2014

2015

2016

2017

and now 2019.

 

 

TNA isn't dying. Never.

 

It certainly wasn't dead in 2010 when it was throwing money around like no-one's business. 

The only period it came near closing, in reality, was 2015-2016 when Panda had stopped funding the promotion and stars were leaving left, right and centre amid talent not being paid, star power falling off a cliff and general shitarsery.

Basically Impact will carry on going until Anthem decide the game is up and they are never going to find a viable revenue stream, i.e a paying TV deal in the US market. It all depends how much worth they think there is in the hours of programming Impact provides for their various TV stations.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Didn’t they only sign with AXS this month? How the hell have they lost this already?

They never signed, it was a rumour doing the rounds.

Posted

I'm always 8 weeks behind but I'd be sad if it were to go. Some of it is still drivel but some of it is absolutely corking.

Posted
4 hours ago, Philjax said:

I'm always 8 weeks behind but I'd be sad if it were to go. Some of it is still drivel but some of it is absolutely corking.

It's a shame to Dixie and others completely wrecked it as Callis and D'Amore have actually put on a decent product this past 19 months.
As you say, yeah, some of it has been pants but at least they have managed to form their own identity and shake off the TNA stench... I just wonder if the damage is too severe for it ever to fully recover? 

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I genuinely think that the roster of Impact other than Cody, Jericho, Young Bucks, Lucha Bros, Omega and Moxley is far better than the roster of AEW.

AEW should be hoovering up a lot of the Impact guys and be giving jobs to D'Amore and Callis.

Edited by Jonny Vegas
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...