• Paid Members

You could see this coming for months, sadly. The white flags have been there. When Jarrett left, it was a big one. He stayed on board when they suspended him for shagging about, he stayed on board when he almost went bankrupt, he stayed on board when they took him off TV and wouldn't use him, but he handed his notice in because of this?

This is a big, big, big fucking shame. Surely if there was another network willing to pay for a wrestling promotion to be on TV, some money mark would have started up already? For the money TNA need, I cant see how they can survive it. Spike was the perfect network to be on. But not many people want those ad rates and demos that wrestling provides. Yeah, Impact gets a good rating, but they have dropped out of the 18-49 in the top 100 loads in the past year. Only old blokes watch it. Who's going to pay TNA enough money to survive?

• Paid Members

No-one should pay for TNA.  TNA need to learn the lesson from their constant mistakes and as they haven't, its time to close down. Though even in the reports there is talk of Dixie saying 'they left on their own terms' etc. Just a genuinely sad story. The promotion that promised so much run into the ground.

Edited by marc2j

• Paid Members

Is it a possibility that this is more a contractual issue rather than Spike not happy with TNA’s ratings, i.e. “You lied to our executives, so we’ll not be renewing your deal.”

It's probably a combination of both.

When Spike picked TNA up, it probably looked like a company with a lot of potential. It had some recognisable stars, a lot of talent that hadn't been exposed on a national stage before and would appeal the huge amount of wrestling fans that stopped watching after WCW died.

Instead, ratings are still in the same area that they've been since 2006. Spike gave them two hours, helped them sign Hogan, Bischoff, etc and moved them to Mondays, all of which were supposed to "take them to the next level" and all failed miserably. Spike have obviously identified Russo as a reason for this and asked Dixie to keep him away, and she flat out lied to them about it.

It's a real shame but what on earth was Dixie expecting?

How on earth could they think having Vince Russo on board was so important that they could risk jeopardising the promotion as a result?

Feel bad for the people there who haven't put a foot wrong, but that's just lunacy. What's the point having a creative team if they need Russo anyway?

RPW American Bootcamp next year?

I can just imagine Jim Cornette's head exploding with the news that his two favourite people, Dixie Carter and Vince Russo, have 'killed the wrestling business' with this news.

I hope for the wrestlers sake that Jarrett's company gets off the ground. I can't see WWE picking up a load of talent like it did when WCW went under and where else is there now as a viable alternative to make decent money? Japan?

Ironically, TNA would probably be financially better off without the TV deal anyway. The costs of doing those tapings and all the logistics that go into putting them together must run into the millions each month.

I'm not saying this would make them money, but being a glorified All-Star fed running house shows in America with Angle and Jeff Hardy on the posters wouldn't see them losing so much money as they do now.

The sole focus of a pro wrestling company seems to be that they HAVE to have a television deal. Somebody needs to do a high-quality promotion where all the content and programming is broadcast online (pretty much what the Network's now doing but have all content done online through various YouTube channels etc.) The costs would be minimal and you could use every last viral marketing technique in the book to spread your name.

Who if anyone will WWE want to pick up from TNA? Bobby Roode maybe? Angle? Joe? Magnus?

I could see Roode and Storm getting signed for sure. Magnus would be in with a good shot also i think as would Joe. EC3 has come on leaps and bounds since leaving WWE despite being in TNA, so i think they'd give Bateman another look at this point. Aries is another name i think they might look at now who maybe they wouldn't have really looked at in the past. But with Bryan, Devitt and KENTA on the roster, he wouldn't look out of place.

Bully Ray has the whole nostalgia thing going for him, and he's a much better singles star now than he ever was in WWE imo. So i think he could be of value, but at worst i could see him and Devon getting the HOF treatment. But i actually think he'd work well as the #2 Heyman guy. Putting him in the role they tried out with Axel would work pretty well.

Angle will get the HOF treatment for sure and maybe a couple of high profile matches if he's clean, fit and able to pass the medical.

IF this is the end of TNA and they dont end up on another network. This could be good for the WWE product. Roster depth has been an issue for some time, so a small handful of TNA guys could mix things up a little. If nothing more it creates some fresh matches.

• Paid Members

It would depend on the money available. If Spike was willing to pay a good fee, Sinclair might get more cash from giving them ROH TV than it makes in ad revenue on its own stations (which aren't as widely available.)

Edited by JNLister

Ironically, TNA would probably be financially better off without the TV deal anyway. The costs of doing those tapings and all the logistics that go into putting them together must run into the millions each month.

I'm not saying this would make them money, but being a glorified All-Star fed running house shows in America with Angle and Jeff Hardy on the posters wouldn't see them losing so much money as they do now.

The sole focus of a pro wrestling company seems to be that they HAVE to have a television deal. Somebody needs to do a high-quality promotion where all the content and programming is broadcast online (pretty much what the Network's now doing but have all content done online through various YouTube channels etc.) The costs would be minimal and you could use every last viral marketing technique in the book to spread your name.

TNA struggles to get 500 people to a house show. TV is the only revenue they have.