With Hogan and Bischoff now gone and Jarrett back into power, could it be Scotty Steiner? I think that may be the only option that would make me happier than if it is Jarrett, and I'd be pretty damn happy if it's Jarrett.

Isn't he suing them for breaking his dick?

He is, but you never know. Stranger things have happened, and like I said, the people Steiner had a problem with are gone and his best friend is back in power so it could happen, in theory. Anyway, I don't think it's him persay. This is more of a case of wishful thinking on my behalf.

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members
Don't forget TNA considers anyone who ever won anything to be a 'world champion' (remember Al Snow?) so don't get your hopes up too high.

It could be anybody with bad BO and child support payment issues, as Dixie says "a former World title holder".

I just hope it's not one of the EV2.0 mob. Hopefully we get a proper star, like Sid or Jarrett.

It'll be someone shit.

No way! i mean name one time TNA have hyped up a returning star or a huge surprise and its turned out shit!

"Kurt Angle is coming to TNA"

That was amazing when that video played at the end of a PPV. They hyped it as a big surprise, and that was the only one that really delivered. Christian going to TNA was quite cool too, but if I remember rightly everyone felt that it was 95% sure it was gonna be him.

But I see your point. I named 1. And I think that's all I can name in 12 years.

• Paid Members

Interestingly, Angle's debut was met with more criticism and negativity than if they debuted Jim Duggan. WWE had just sacked him on the grounds of them not wanting him to die a frothy death on the dressing room floor, so of course TNA signed him straight away. That was the month TNA became the company everyone hated. Before that everyone was pulling for them and making excuses if they had a shit event. But in about a fortnight they hired Vince Russo and a zombified Kurt Angle. The hate hasn't died down since.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Additionally, people were hugely critical of them debuting Angle by immediately putting him up against Joe. Sure, it was explosive at first (before it became repetitive and a bit boring), but it felt like a huge waste not to take some time to build anticipation towards an eventual feud which could've been much, much hotter than it was.

I think Christian's debut was really the only one they haven't handled badly - sure, it was predictable as anything, but it was a pretty decent debut, all things considered, and he did look like a star.

• Moderators

I don't think anyone was critical of him being in a programe with Joe. The criticisim was that they gave the match away for free, and did it far too quickly without hyping it properly.

It was the perfect choice of opponent for him coming in.

Christian in TNA is a funny one. At the time it felt a bit flat and I just thought "ah, so it turns out he should never have been a main eventer after all"... and then later in hindsight thought it was just that TNA fucked it like they fuck up everything.

Turns out it was probably a combination of both.

Joe vs. Angle wasn't free.

Hasn't posted for eight months, but he had to race here just to put these four words down.

Crossed wires anyway - they gave away Angle's debut, against Abyss, for free. Not that many would've been paying to see Angle vs. Abyss, but it lessens the impact of him coming in to face Joe.

• Moderators
Joe vs. Angle wasn't free.

Hasn't posted for eight months, but he had to race here just to put these four words down.

Crossed wires anyway - they gave away Angle's debut, against Abyss, for free. Not that many would've been paying to see Angle vs. Abyss, but it lessens the impact of him coming in to face Joe.

Yeah, sorry... This is what it was.

They gave away his debut for free, when it should have been a PPV match (which I think would have been great to have been against Joe.. the idea of holding back instead of striking whilst the iron is hot is idiotic).

With Hogan and Bischoff now gone and Jarrett back into power, could it be Scotty Steiner? I think that may be the only option that would make me happier than if it is Jarrett, and I'd be pretty damn happy if it's Jarrett.

To continue to the storyline, surely it's JJ.

Dixie seemed a little too enthusiastic about this guy returning, make sense for him to come back and side with AJ.